Staff melle catser

Hey! this is my first attempt at making a build on this game and if someone could give me some feedback on it, it would be great :D http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAHRGvtP8VHDe0Zq4NGtCUgtzptY-ysMcxh-Oe1pfUxwaqFnYGk4cffvNHdxirZVXSCqgxHaoFOlaAyTPVGpHy2gCWxedFHY20miRPWeSv3A74X7IzGkPqV4ADGIh8wCHe2GapJUsGJWvrYAuN_ovirljmuYTXa57666QiSSC5Fac63KoV5WPQVGfuCeqb8CrFZRFytZktYbexKGCjuPV_7dmbqBIwGutZ81_tViYCROMqQy8RhnOLD-xcbJw4wVz6f6rIHvnheK9EIAmgjRdiYy8ByWKqXN7VfohKyNXzYKyrWtxuoncPQFH5kcaDhhvaFgm_0uY8hn0iomUrPIttjdjfewtYOSjhFl5YaQeMEyxbPAaMoeaENXKypW67BaBWtBot2GHWvGAPhC7zn6nYsx-IyAkQ1yi4GH8xxjmbOzsBhwlQJ4_9uJtvQkqiN6h2eE0Buj5OBgP7Wu0OkN4HLLuKQBkEjqec0z_wezGTSffL1RfPEiGPI9E0PdfNsSBX1IvEqwHOOIsA1OTmDTEnnPrjGZOLZrYSsEl9onz20Jp8hsoZDibkRfdmO0ly9gh_heVX3IKqKcSZJrjl
Hi and welcome! A few points to make for you:

Don't use all 111 points when planning your build; you can't reach that point with the current content so aim for 70 to 80 points.

This means you will have to remove some points from your current build. You should try to keep survivability passive skills (life/armour/energy shield) and remove some of your offensive skills and charge skills.

There is a class section on the forums (at the bottem) where you can post specific class builds like this.

You can also make it much easier for people to view your build by clicking the 'BBCode' tickbox and giving your build a name. This way people will be much more inclined to view and comment on your build.

Lightning Templar

Finally you should consider paying the $10 for beta access. It is well worth it.

Last edited by Timbob on Sep 8, 2012, 1:56:08 AM
I wish you luck in getting your hybrid build to work. Hybrid builds are a lot of fun.

But quite simply, just because you're playing a hybrid class doesn't mean you have to play a hybrid build. And also, hybrid builds are weaker than focused builds.

Usually spellcasting adds utility where melee is your main DPS, or attacks add utility where spellcasting is your main DPS. It's very difficult to make both spells and attacks carry equal weight DPS-wise.

Staves are good, I like your choice there.

The 10% accuracy skill points around precision are weak points. 4%phys/8%acc nodes (of which you've taken them all) are way more valuable.

6% lightning damage nodes are also poorly spent, on melee anyhow. Because LS will be around 60% lit when you have it supported properly, that 6% is really only about 4% incr. damage. Those nodes are good for a spellcaster, though.

Crit nodes are very weak unless you get TONS of crit dmg. Like, you need to be running at least a crit weakness curse and multiple crit supports before you even think about investing in crit.

Just a few things off the top of my head.
Enjoy the game!
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info