dxutcreatedevice failed

"
krycul wrote:
Hmmm ... tried updating graphics drivers and the Nvidia driver installer cannot find compatible hardware.

Uh oh .... this cant be good.

-Krycul

Run DxDiag and show what it says in Display Diveces field.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
"
krycul wrote:
Hmmm ... tried updating graphics drivers and the Nvidia driver installer cannot find compatible hardware.

Uh oh .... this cant be good.

-Krycul

Run DxDiag and show what it says in Display Diveces field.

It only shows the Intel driver. However that is to be expected. Apparently the Sandy bridge used in this laptop causes that (i think that is what i was told). It uses the intel chip as an energy saver unless plugged - then it switches (on demand) to the nvidia chip.

The nvidia chip is still not selectable from within game.

Woot I got it working!

Apparently I had to select the nvidia chip as default under the nvidia control panel.

SO -- bottom line for me was to remove the ini file that you mentioned. Completely uninstalled the graphics drivers. Then reinstalled them and went into the control panel to select nvidia as default.

THanks!!

=D

-krycul
ok i am haveing the same problem as you but i have and intel graphics card but ill have one soon but i am haveing the errer and i cant fix it
Does your video card support pixel shader 3.0?

If you allready played POE with you current hardware: did you tried to delete config file from C:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile?

EDITED: I saw your thread only after this one. Your video card doesn't support pixel shader model 3.0.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on November 28, 2012 7:05 PM
"
krycul wrote:
Woot I got it working!

Apparently I had to select the nvidia chip as default under the nvidia control panel.

SO -- bottom line for me was to remove the ini file that you mentioned. Completely uninstalled the graphics drivers. Then reinstalled them and went into the control panel to select nvidia as default.

THanks!!

=D

-krycul
I am currently having the same problem, but your solution failed to help me.. Any ideas? It was working fine yesterday :( I have a GeForce GT 650M NVIDIA graphics card. I also tried reinstalling both the driver and the game without any success.
I had the same problem when moving files and folders to my SSD after a re install of the OS. I went into the Path of Exile folder which can be found like so: "C:\Users\Liam\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Redist" And in the Redist folder then is a dxsetup application which will install/ fix the direct X file :) Hope This works for you :)
Hello, I have the same problem. I reinstalled windows 7, updated everything. My video card is GTX 550 Ti, latest drivers and direct x 11. Last week everything worked fine ...

Any idea?
"
lforno wrote:
Hello, I have the same problem. I reinstalled windows 7, updated everything. My video card is GTX 550 Ti, latest drivers and direct x 11. Last week everything worked fine ...

Any idea?

Have you tried everything that's been mentioned in this thread?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info