It is worth the wait.

Like most of you I don't have a beta key. What I do have is a friend who had gained access and let me play on his account for a bit.

Th game has all of the expected unfinished qualities of a closed beta but... THE GAME IS AWESOME. The combat is everything old Diablo players are looking for. At first I thought the skills system might be a little lame but it is far from it.

Granted there are a few things that are definitely in need of refinement (Mob targeting sux when lag spikes hit due to the small clickable target area of some smaller mobs but still doable). A little more direction would be nice advancement wise but an older D2 player will have no issues figuring out what to do. The mini-map is a bitch to see at times too, do to the lightly shaded ground cover of some areas. Lastly... Fuck Merveil's Daughters!!!

On the up note. The combat rocks! Herding large piles of mobs then raping them like there's no tomorrow is a constant! There is noting better than the god feeling right? The skill system seemed a little dumbed down at first but i can see with a little refinement how awesome it can be. It is already decent mind you but i could use a little more interaction with my characters stats. The skills system seemed lame, like I said before, but they are modded into your items and the skill glyphs themselves and also gain experience (which saved the idea completely in my opinion).

Overall this information is available in multiple posts spread throughout the forums but I figured I'd give my general take on the game thus far and give you some legitimate info in one location. Ill post again with more info when I go to my buddies or in 3 months when I personally get access to the game :(

As far as combat abilities
Daaaam just reading this is giving me goose bumbs, im so hyped right now i cant contain it.

Installed D2 yesterday again just to relive the pressure :D
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, maybe this will give more strength to the unpatient ones to endure the waiting for an invite.
Well, I'm watching a livestream of another member playing the closed beta and it looks AMAZING! Actually seeing the gameplay in action totally has me psyched for PoE when it releases. This game truly will be a serious contender with D3 in my opinion.
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar
I recommend checking out Force's and Lumin's videos on their PoE beta playthrough on youtube. Even though I'm not in the beta myself I thoroughly enjoyed these videos.

--
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
- Bill Cosby

could watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIGlgI0vyU&feature=related to help hold you over, its what im doing (not rickroll)
Ingame: Sakrilegious
Are the graphics any good, like say compared to Diablo 3 so far how does it look?
Well this was a good bit of hope but time to go look at the counter now.
Can I get some water please
Yep, was watching someone stream their game. Shouldn't have. Now I can't stop thinking about this game... gahhhh!
After many years after D2 finally fizzled out for me. I've been really longing for a quality action rpg like this. Once D3 was announced I was doing a happy dance for sure. Then I stumbled upon this after quitting wow/rift...again lol. I'm so excited that this is coming out, hopefully soon. From what I've read and watched, this is really gonna bring this genre back again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info