System Requirements for Path of Exile

"
Highdea wrote:

one thing I would mention is that you prolly want to avoid ATI and amd processors in general if your buying a computer specifically to play this, it seems to run on intel and nvidia so much better even with the same specs I think its due to the programming and the fact nvidia is easier to code for, its been mentioned a few times in the forums too not sure if its true but when I compared with a friend it definitely seemed so.

It runs just fine on my radeon 7850
"
andybmcc wrote:
I like this thread, it's the exact opposite of those "look at my $3K rig" posts.

Common guys, where did you get all this junk?

You can buy quad core i7 DELL desktop for like 700 bucks, just check logicbuy for a week or two
The reqs aren't all that low, tried running it on my ultra dual core (2.5 ghz) Radeon HD 4200(I know, terrible card) and I could barely login.

Also I found game-debate's minimum and recommended specs. The link doesn't seem to work so just type in "game debate path of exile" on google.
Last edited by Admirable on May 19, 2013, 1:16:25 PM
I've been playing on my laptop which is now four years old. The worst place for me is the Western Forest. My FPS drop and stay around 15 FPS in that map.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Core running a 2.0 GHz
6GB of system RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Windows 7 with SP1

I'm probably going to buy a new computer soon, but I haven't decided between a gaming laptop or a desktop.
I have AMD APU A6-5400K with 4gb ram 1600mhz(single channel) with the APU GPU and i run the game at 1360x786 with no shadows,2x AF,low textures at 40-60 frames most of the time when solo,usually its 50+.I Completed all 3 acts on normal difficulty and it runs like this through the whole game.Might get low 30fps when the action is heavy.Its also very playable on a party even when the action is heavy,the fps dips but not that much.

Last edited by Darkroronoa on May 19, 2013, 3:38:32 PM
I use a laptop with:

RAM: 2 Gb RAM
Graphics Card: Intel express chipset family 4
Intel Celeron Processor Dual core 2.10Ghz and 2.9Ghz

and it runs perfectly for me about 40-50 fps on high so yeah
(Don't comment about how bad my laptop is and that a desktop is better I know that But this is all I can afford! Okay!)
FWIW - I now have PoE installed on 3 different machines:

1 - My "Gaming" rig:

Window 7 64-bit
8GB RAM
SSD Storage
Radeon 7750
8-Core FX AMD Proc

Plays silky smooth 100% of the time, rig is overkill. Not sure about previous posts about not playing well on AMD Procs/GFX, the machine doesn't break a sweat with everything maxed out.

2 - My Mediacenter PC:

Windows 7 64-bit
4GB RAM
1.2GHz Dual Core Celeron processor
nVidia GeeForce 210 (16 Cuda Cores)
1080p 60" LCD
SATA-II

Even on lowest settings it's not playable. Plan to swap out the GT210 with a GT430 (96 Cuda cores) and see if that improves enough to play and will report back.

3 - My Laptop:

Lenovo T420
SATA-II
16GB RAM
NVS 4200M (48 Cuda Cores)
i7-2620M w/ Hyperthreading disabled

On lowest settings (shadows off, lowest AA/ASF etc) it is quite playable generally getting 40+ FPS in ACT-2. It is nowhere near as visually appealing as playing it on the 8-way desktop with the Radeon 7750 but I travel a lot and it has given me a lot of entertainment in hotel rooms in the evenings.

If adding the GT430 to the Celeraon mediacenter PC doesn't get me full shadow effects with the high-detail textures, I plan to upgrade the hardware to an AMD quad core Phenom II x4 and use that as an excuse to move the 7750 into the media center and pick up an 7800 or 7900 series for my "gaming" PC.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by King_Arthur79e on Aug 9, 2013, 12:33:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info