System Requirements for Path of Exile

"
eduardosoosa wrote:
Hello, Im playing on a:

Celeron E3400 2.8
Ram 2GB
Vídeo Card: Onboard GMA x4500 (256mb shared)

So..It's playable with these specs.. FPS AV: 26-32FPS City: 12-16FPS

I like this thread, it's the exact opposite of those "look at my $3K rig" posts.
"
andybmcc wrote:
"
eduardosoosa wrote:
Hello, Im playing on a:

Celeron E3400 2.8
Ram 2GB
Vídeo Card: Onboard GMA x4500 (256mb shared)

So..It's playable with these specs.. FPS AV: 26-32FPS City: 12-16FPS

I like this thread, it's the exact opposite of those "look at my $3K rig" posts.

Maybe it was a thread like this, back when it was created...

I have a main desktop runs it ever so clean and then I have my laptop which is like 2005 and bloody old and filled to the brim data wise but even that manages to run it at 25+ fps most of the time.

Amd dual core 2.1 ghz and a intergrated ATI mobility radeon hd 42500 with 3gb ram is laptop specs and it works good.

one thing I would mention is that you prolly want to avoid ATI and amd processors in general if your buying a computer specifically to play this, it seems to run on intel and nvidia so much better even with the same specs I think its due to the programming and the fact nvidia is easier to code for, its been mentioned a few times in the forums too not sure if its true but when I compared with a friend it definitely seemed so.
"
Highdea wrote:

one thing I would mention is that you prolly want to avoid ATI and amd processors in general if your buying a computer specifically to play this, it seems to run on intel and nvidia so much better even with the same specs I think its due to the programming and the fact nvidia is easier to code for, its been mentioned a few times in the forums too not sure if its true but when I compared with a friend it definitely seemed so.

Agreed. AMD's cache architecture for multicore was full on retard for quite a while. Clock speeds are a marketing gimmick, the real bottleneck is memory access time.

Same goes for ATI cards. They look good on the benchmarks if you just look at FPS, but nobody really mentioned all the shitty frame skipping and shitty drivers ( though to their credit, they've been improving them steadily ). Nvidia cards are pretty much the tits and CUDA allows for extremely easy hardware independent scaling.
Here's a good bottom-of-the-barrel computer config. I've managed to successfully run PoE on this clunker, so you should probably be able to run it on yours.

Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4Ghz
4 Gb RAM
and the winner of the crappy component award....
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M in all its 128 Mb of VRAM glory.

Runs at 20+ FPS solo, excluding Vaal and the first half of Lunaris 3.
The #1 requirement for poe is the ability to handle gesync.
I m playing on my Laptop

Intel Core i5-3230M (2x2,6ghz)
8gb ram
Gforce GTX 660M with 2gb gddr5

Playing on Highest Details with about 50-60FPS ...

Laptop cost me 670€
Ingame: maxboo

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/786795 maxBoo´s Ranger Guids Over 300.000

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1205678 HotW Submission
c2d 2.13 ghz
2 gigs of ram
9800 GTX+
Everything turned off / low quality 1366x766 res

40-60 fps solo with a non-laggy build
15 fps with some effects, lots of 20-30 fps moments with certain mobs on the screen
0% chance of having fun in a party though, single digit FPS most of the time

Unfortunately the game is designed around partying full time in maps once you get to a certain point.
Has anyone had any issues with trying to run this on an AMD CPU? Looking at all the earlier posts my PC should easily be able to run this but can't. I've been through all the fault finding to do with a corrupted Content file and running on a VPN and none of it has made any difference. I've even managed to run it on my work PC, which is an out-of-the-box Dell with 2Gb RAM, Core i3 and integrated graphics and audio but using the SAME game data, my PC won't work. So my next assumption is that it is my hardware:

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black (3.10GHz)
nVidia Geforce 9800GT 512Mb
4Gb RAM
Asus Mobo with integrated audio
Windows 7 Pro

I am getting quite frustrated as I would really like to play this. Any thoughts?
also any dual gpu laptop will have you throwing a shitfit from lagspikes, although it might be my radeon and ccc screwing me. But there seems to be a following over in tech support for most ati and some nvidia gpu laptops
Last edited by Lancestrike on May 16, 2013, 6:15:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info