Dual Wielding Duelist

I'm definately playing a duelist and would like to hear a testers opinion of thier experience with dual wielding. I refuse to use a 2-hander as a duelist while i think it defeats the definition of the class.

On a side note,watching videos of the witch class, it seemed the game was way too easy and all you were doing was just running around ignoring mobs and just killing bosses and elites for drops. Boring. The monsters in this game should have a better engage system so you cannot just run through them with no penalty.
"
I'm definately playing a duelist and would like to hear a testers opinion of thier experience with dual wielding.

Haven't played a duelist yet, but apparently they are struggling a bit on hardcore at the moment. However I AM currently playing a dual wield ranger on hardcore and am doing okay, SO far. Bit squishy though and imagine it's going to get close to impossible. I'm still on normal.

"
On a side note,watching videos of the witch class, it seemed the game was way too easy and all you were doing was just running around ignoring mobs and just killing bosses and elites for drops. Boring.

Witch decimates but can also get squashed with a bad move or a lag spike. Act bosses don't drop loot worth taking right now, so I doubt that's what they were doing. Maybe mini bosses/elites, which is the entire point of the game. Remember who the game is being made by. Gear grinddddinggg.

"
The monsters in this game should have a better engage system so you cannot just run through them with no penalty.

Double edge sword. Not everyone wants to fight every little mob that drops nothing 90% of the time, or is too low for you to care. It is however dangerous as they will follow you a bit. You won't see too many doing this on hardcore.

Also note that the game is still early. A lot of stuff still coming in and being changed, including monsters and their abilities.

Last edited by IZombie on Aug 23, 2011, 10:19:21 AM
I only play HC, so bear in mind my Duelists were built with a bit of survivability in mind.

Sorry if this is a little vague; I'm not really sure what I can talk about. I found dual wielding worked quite well. I used Cleave, Dual Strike, Frenzy and Endurance Cry as my main abilities. A lot of people like Flicker Strike, but I'm personally not a fan.

As you progress to the later difficulties you start feeling a bit of a pinch on the survivability side of things (thus Endurance Cry), but I find their damage output is always good.

Anything you want to know specifically?
Then i get beta key i will play duelist with 2 swords thats for sure!!!
Thank you IZombie and Facehead for your answers.

Sounds great that damage output is good with duelwielding, the survivability part sounds as if its gear dependant and if you skill life leech skills or have items with life leech. That will be the fun of playing this class, is discovering what works well with your play style and have fun leveling.

I see now that the monster engage system how it is now could be a blessing for skipping some bothersome areas, so it does maybe have some use.

We need more Duelist videos out there..there's way too many witch videos :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info