ilvl requirement on soul taker?

You guys are forgetting Le Heup Of All - that has an ilvl requirement of 30 to chance.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
You guys are forgetting Le Heup Of All - that has an ilvl requirement of 30 to chance.
No.. it doesn't. Way back when it came out, I thought that was the case since one of the mods on the item is lvl 30 hence the lvl 24 character requirement. We found out that it doesn't work that way.
"

yep it does not!

Chris answered a thread about it atziri's, where le heup was mentioned, he said :

>> Any base item can chance its unique << equivalent.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Sorry for causing confusion. It seems I was wrong about the required level thing... We made some changes recently, and I made an incorrect assumption.

In general, the required ilevel to drop or chance a unique is the same as the base type. However, there are now exceptions to this rule, such as Auxium, Le Heup of All, and Atziri's Foible. These currently require an ilevel equal to their equip level.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
Sorry for causing confusion. It seems I was wrong about the required level thing... We made some changes recently, and I made an incorrect assumption.

In general, the required ilevel to drop or chance a unique is the same as the base type. However, there are now exceptions to this rule, such as Auxium, Le Heup of All, and Atziri's Foible. These currently require an ilevel equal to their equip level.

nice to know this after spending 20 chance orbs on low ilvl chain belts.

These exceptions need to be highlighted in big red flashing letters so people don't waste money on nothing.
Actually no, it doesn't have to be written anywhere. Exploring such things can be part of the game. The problem is that people find out something but it gets patched and such general knowledge is wrong then. At that point it's only natural to correct it.

But there is wiki, you can contribute there if you think it should be easily accessible information :)

cheers
w.
✠ ✠
This question has nothing to do with chance orbs.

If a mob can drop a "Siege Axe" can it then also potentially drop "Soul Taker"?
Thanks, Rhys, for the clarification. That means that Le Heup of All now requires a min ilvl of 24, Atziri's Foible a min ilvl of 16 and Auxium a min ilvl of 70.

"
Rawrasawr wrote:
Yes. If the base item can drop so can the unique in regards to uniques that have the same req level as their base type.

Last edited by FaceLicker on Jul 11, 2013, 7:18:39 PM
"
Rawrasawr wrote:

3 post above you:

"
Rhys wrote:
In general, the required ilevel to drop or chance a unique is the same as the base type.

in case you didn´t understand this: "siege axe" is the base item for soul taker. if a siege axe can drop, so can soul taker- according to rhys.

ps: i always liked fellshrine, so i´m trying to get soul taker there.

so far i found 3 space waste uniques, in like 30 runs; chanced maybe a dozen siege axes. iiq/iir 62/288 atm. i will continue a little while with my quest for soul taker... maybe i have it next year... : P

"
Rhys wrote:

Very well! I think these uniques that break the rule should be called "elite unique", or something like that, because they are somewhat more difficult to find.

This is in addition to the "common/uncommon/rare" unique differentation.

We now have "elite rare uniques"... 8-)
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info