(First Build) Current Level 39 Cold Staff Templar

Current Skill Tree:

Planned Skill Tree:

This is my first character roll. I didn't actually determine that I wanted to go the cold damage/staff route until probably level 15. I am obviously very new to this game, but currently my guy plays pretty well. Just looking for some input on if my proposed skill tree is going to be viable late game. I obviously use Glacial Hammer linked with elemental damage. I had it linked with Cold to Fire, and it was awesome, until it was patched.

2 problems I have now is accuracy and mana regen, but like I said, I didn't really have a plan until after I messed up the early points, and I went really heavy on defense.

Anyways, take a look, let me know what you guys think, and I am all for ideas and open criticism.

Edit: Also this is my current staff, pretty sweet roll for my build
Unavailable
Last edited by bakler5 on Aug 14, 2012, 2:21:06 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hey bro, First off i am new to this game so i cant speak to much of your build. I have heard of ways to boost mana regen with a certain gem i cant recallat this time. I just wanted to give u a word of advice on your weapon tho. I have a lvl 29 templar and i have a magic staff that does 153 damage and some elemental damage. I just found a white staff with 83 damage top end and turned ininto a magic item then i rerolled the properties till i got a % damage mod. I was just thinking if you did more damage you would notneed to swing as much there for help out the amount of mana you used. Hope this helps some.
That build looks pretty good, it's basically the standard cold damage staff build, a thing i have to mention is that you definitely should take the "Precision" Keystone, just one passive skill point away and gives a nice boost to accuracy/dexternity.

Also you should definitely take the elemental damage, spell damage and increased mana % passives right at the templar starting area, easy to aquire and totally pay off, should most likely be gotten before the staff passives.
I would pick up Celestial Walker.
things that stand out to me.

celestial walker should be picked up. (top left of starting area)

precision should be picked up. ( below body and soul)

Two handed Critical ( left of hammer blows)

Totem Cluster (south of hammer blows) - why not have a couple of multi projectile ice spear or feezing pulse totems backing you up?

Diamond Skin & Heart of the Gladiator (left of marauder start)

Maximum resistance (below Whirling barrier)

also another consideration. have you thought of running sweep/ground slam + hatred + added melee damage + added weapon elemental + added cold instead of ice nova?
Last edited by residualshade on Aug 18, 2012, 3:51:24 AM
Could you update your skill tree, i am interested making similar build and would like to see your tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info