Trying out a Bow Duelist tonight, reasons & theorycrafting

At this stage in Beta testing I've tried several character combinations and my two favorite characters have been hybrids: Templar (melee: sword/shield) and only 2 spells, one being an aoe/frost spell which I did not spam) and then a Duelist (dual wielding/no shield).
The Witch and Ranger are the easiest and in turn they can make the game a little boring. Easiest because both wands ands bows are cheap and easy ways to conserve and even gain mana (by killing enemies) w/o exerting any mana. As both Witch and Ranger, I only took damage to my Energy Shield and never lost much life allowing me to favor 3 Mana pots over 3 Life pots (which is a must for melee).
Why I'm choosing to go Duelist with a Bow is because I want to be efficient, while keeping things from getting too easy/boring. My favorite Strength skills Include: Enduring Cry, Leap Slam (for mobility purposes): with support gems: Life Leech, Added damage. In Dexterity I'm going to be using Posion Arrow (great aoe that deals massive amounts of damage over time), Split Arrow, & Phase Run (the last one being strictly again for Mobility, but it also stacks damage. Support gems for Dex include: Faster Attack Speed.
Quick, Agile character with copious amounts of Life (From the strength chart), as well as Buffs to Endurance charges (In the passive tree you can spec into each Endurance charge giving resistance bonuses). Mobility and Closest thing to teleport /w Leap Slam and Phase Run. Spec into the Dex tree to increase mobility, projectile damage with my bow. I think in the long run and with some practice this combination will make a much deadlier opponent in PVP too..a pure Ranger will lack the HP, and Endurance charge buffs..Of course she can make up for it with Frenzy Charges...but the armor/life passive skills in strength are incredible.
http://twitch.tv/insidethesun I'll be streaming after 11pm pacific tonight.
tl;dr: Theorycrafting
Streaming [url]http://twitch.tv/insidethesun[/url] tue/thur/sunday 11am-3am mon/wed/fri after 10pm and sat 11am-3pm then after 10pm [pacific times]
11pm PST, ouch... can't watch :(
I'll take a look. c-ya then.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
sounds worth while
This sounds pretty interesting. Split arrow with a high level life leech sounds like it'd be pretty nice in the later difficulties.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Thought I'd post just to let you know,
you can't use leap slam with a bow -
this third line also ends in "o"

xD
Wall of text crits you for 9999
"
Malice wrote:
Thought I'd post just to let you know,
you can't use leap slam with a bow -
this third line also ends in "o"

xD

ghagha yeah im an idiot, thank you
Streaming [url]http://twitch.tv/insidethesun[/url] tue/thur/sunday 11am-3am mon/wed/fri after 10pm and sat 11am-3pm then after 10pm [pacific times]
"
Dalx wrote:
Wall of text crits you for 9999

*chia247 resists 100% of critical damage!

Back to formula!?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info