Summoners and summon update.

Im wondering how many other players out there will play mainly summoners and urgently wait for summon update.

I just can't wait to have them working as anything else but walking bombs.

I will be mainly pvper, but i will use summons on arena regardless of its effectivness and i wonder how much lobbing power we will have ;P

Becouse summonners ausually sux in pvp i'd like to make it work in this game for a change.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Yea, it takes time, and I hope they fix those graphic bugs first, since it affects more people.

Don't want to rush them, and I hope they make good impression on open beta.
From my time in stress test weekend I had good fun with the summoner and am playing on making one a primary. I am also hoping that there is more depth to the summons effectiveness than Minion Instability. :/
Zombia AI is workable, though they tend to wander off. Skellies tend to wander aimlessly unless you cast them on the monster you want them to hit.

Ah, well. It will be fixed in due time. I'm looking forward to that patch!
Open beta is still BETA.
Summons tend to be very hard to balance in pvp.
In most games they go around it by making sumon samage so minimal that players mostly just ignore them.And summoner is usualy just that defenseless dude that die first.
I actually never saw a game where summoning in pvp actually worked. So i'm chalenging you, GGG! It will be hard to balance it well, but something like Minion Instability can be really useful in pvp.
Minion possession is another idea I'd like to see entertained. Where by you take control of your minion but your body remains stationary (and vulnerable.)
There are many great things that could be done with summons, but first they need to work in theoir most basic form.If they are too stupid to atack mobs, there are n ochances to have them atack player who would avoid them on arena.

In fact i have no idea how they could make slow moving minions effective on arena.
I guess they might be good living shields against rangers, but thats about it ;P
Yeah, I'm waiting for 0.9.12 before I start playing again - the minions are too unintelligent for me to be able to play my summoner.
IRON MAN
I want minions to stick near my side when I'm running. I want them to prefer targets that I have hit with a spell. I want them to prefer attacking targets that have hit me. I want them to stop randomly disappearing.

Some ideas I had for the passive tree for summoning.

1) A node that allows the minions to absorb part of the damage a player takes in exchange for something, energy shield or mana.

2) A node which reduces the amount of summons but greatly increases their effectiveness.

3) a node which makes a summon spectre permanent but only one can be summoned. If the minion dies they can be revived .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info