A thought on currency

I love the way the currency system in this game works but I think it makes the inventory management a little tedious. Might I suggest that instead of holding it in inventory we could just have counter representing the components and once you get 20 of something an orb would auto appear in your inventory. I just think it is kind of cluttered.
I see where you're coming from, but I actually like having all my orbs disposed and organized in my stash. It feels like they are true objects and not mere numbers of currency.
I keep all my orbs in my stash.

The only things I keep in my inventory all the time is scroll of wisdom's and portal scrolls. Other than those 2 things the rest is just items that I find.
I think he means that shards shouldn't be physical objects, but orbs themselves should.
"
soze wrote:
I think he means that shards shouldn't be physical objects, but orbs themselves should.

That's what it sounds like to me as well.

It sounds like a minor quibble though, really. With the recent stash change, it's pretty minor to just keep the 4 or so shard types in my inventory, and I rarely have to move them around. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't see the point and think the GUI space would be better used for something else.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
I also keep all the orbs in my inventory. What I would love as a micro transaction would be a special stash tab with slots for all the currency items.
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi
I feel that orbs should be able to go into stacks of say 75 or 100, perhaps even more. I can't think of any reason on the player end that would make this bad - it simply makes organising orbs in your stash an easier task.

The only downside I can conceive is that it means less bank tabs are used and thus people are less inclined to buy more and thus generate money for GGG. Honestly though that seems like a minor issue, especially given I get the feeling GGG don't like the idea of blackmailing people into buying stash panes ("buy more space or you can't keep your money").
Last edited by Piggy on Aug 11, 2012, 4:24:17 PM
An excellent idea, OP.

Another way is a separate "bag" just for holding orbs and components with unlimited stacking

I also support the idea to have shards not longer being physical items on their own, but listed as partial orb on the first capable stack of them. (would be 1/20 of an empty square if you have none of that orb, of course)

Small? problems: there must be found ways to:
-detect alwys the (same) orb stack that already has some shards
-prevent placing the 20th orb if the stack contains 19 full orbs and shards, and switching to the next stack after the 20th orb is complete
-generally take an orb away, but make it possible to part the shards from the stack
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
As with everything, the first that comes to mind when something is "inconvinient" is to remove it, but really if there no work involved to get something there is no reward feeling when you get it.

I like to look in my stash and see my orbs stacking up and taking up more slots shows me that my wealth has increased.

The more you work for something the more you appreciate it, love how ggg understands this.

Have to add that if you dont want to manage shards dont sell items but leave them on the ground instead, no one is forcing you to pick them up.

Last edited by devmoon on Aug 12, 2012, 6:39:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info