Hostility on Global Chat

Ok i have only been playing the game a week or so and have started to notice this.
In Global chat there is a lot of hostility and people giving other people crap for 1 reason or another.

The main points i see all the abuse are either when people are asking for help and some admitedley do ask stupid questions......

For these people what i would say is try to look on forums first to answer your question. A lot of these questions seem to relate around Whats this worth or What does this do or Should i do this....

The other 1 is the endless amount of crap people are trying to sell especially when they reach Merciles.

For these people what i would say is look at the level of items you are trying to sell. Most people do not need the crap...If you do want to try sell this crap then try again the forums.

Hopefully for this there will be a trade channel eventually.

And last but not least for all the Clever Bastards that think they are better than everyone else for 1 reason or another be it level or time played.. IF YOU have got nothing to say that is constructive and just be littles people then you have 2 main choices. 1 = STFU and 2 = use the ignore.

I know it is global chat and everyone is entitled to speak but if some of these ideas were followed that chat box would be a lot healthier.

Flame me if you will but this is what i see and think at the minute.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
most of the time, hostility I see isn't directed at stupid questions. Rather, people that give stupid answers to reasonable ignorant questions :)

Noob questions spark arguments. Some people can't leave bad advice alone.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
There is no way they (GGG) can improve the quality of global chat. This happens in just about all games, across almost all forums, and online services. Have you ever been to YouTube? Yea...

Once the game opens up to F2P, it's not going to get any better. All people can do is either ignore the unhelpful people and continue to try and get help if they need it, or just turn off Global Chat and ignore it.

I don't blame any of that on GGG at all. It's just the way things are nowadays. There is more rampant trolling and distasteful insensitive comment made nowadays than say, 10 years ago. Rather than GGG trying to police Global Chat, I'd rather have the focus on more important aspects of the game.

However, trolling is just trolling. You have to take everything said on the internet with a grain of salt. But, anyone that is making threats, talking about illegal activities, or anything of that nature, should be reported and I'd expect they would be dealt with. Those sorts of things really do have no place anywhere.

When it comes to "people selling crap", that's always subjective. "One man's trash is another man's treasure". The only way GGG could go about changing that, is disable item linking in global chat, which doesn't make sense yet because of how the game is still under development and their trading systems are still being developed. Rest assured, I know they will address that eventually, but I don't think it's something you should worry about at this point. Turn off global if it is not enjoyable for you!
While I agree with you all.... I still believe that global chat can be handled by the people there if you do not like something then pm the person who posted and or post in global your dislike....

I was in chat last night or might have been Thursday when one person was spamming crap everyone in chat asked him to stop ..... after 10 mins Samantha muted him/her :) everyone clapped and we carried on...

Its all public opinion and I believe that the majority will rule so I see no reason to change it....
Last edited by Tallonz on Aug 11, 2012, 12:20:35 AM
Tips for not getting flamed on global:

Don't as questions which are (a) answered on the forums or (b) easily discoverable yourself.

Don't spam crap items (really any items at all unless its actually good).

Don't ask the ratio of currencies.

Don't complain about the drop rates of maps.
Don't ask about the fucking tree, either.
"
RavenousRaven wrote:

Don't as questions which are (a) answered on the forums or (b) easily discoverable yourself.

The underlined part is the only part I would not agree with when trying to avoid hassle.

*We do not have a set currency exchange, but rather 'commonly accepted' rates.

*Commonly accepted ratios change.

*Not everyone is an avid trader and always up to date. I have or have had several mid to high level characters, and have only ever traded 6 items.

This is one question that should ALWAYS be considered reasonable.
...narf
meh, just ignore it if it bothers you
The first thing I do when logging in to any game with global chat is leave global chat. If I have any need to use global chat, I rejoin when such a need arises.

Global chat is poison in every game I have ever played and there is little that can be done about it.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
"
"
RavenousRaven wrote:

The underlined part is the only part I would not agree with when trying to avoid hassle.

*We do not have a set currency exchange, but rather 'commonly accepted' rates.

*Commonly accepted ratios change.

*Not everyone is an avid trader and always up to date. I have or have had several mid to high level characters, and have only ever traded 6 items.

This is one question that should ALWAYS be considered reasonable.

This question is answered frequently in the forums. It's already technically covered by my first suggestion, but it is seen so frequently i felt it warranted its own statement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info