Ezomyte

Pronounced Ezomyte or Etsomyte?
It's a soft Z, as in Zorro, not the hard "ts" sound as in Nazi.
Code warrior
Now THATS a movie pitch.
You shouldn't use a Spanish word as an example, is confusing for us spaniards =P. We say Zorro with a hard Z.
so its more like in "source"?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Falcord wrote:
You shouldn't use a Spanish word as an example, is confusing for us spaniards =P. We say Zorro with a hard Z.

"Tsorro"? Or "Na-ZEE"?
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Falcord wrote:

"Tsorro"? Or "Na-ZEE"?

Zorro, Zoo, Zap
Na-TS-EE,

Some might pronounce Zorro as Sorrow or TSorrow, but American English does not do this. I can't think of any instances of a Z sounding like an S in American English.

I'm of course unsure how other languages pronounce these words.

If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
The "Z" for "zorro" in spanish is more akin to the "TH" in words like "theremin" or "thin".
"
Falcord wrote:
The "Z" for "zorro" in spanish is more akin to the "TH" in words like "theremin" or "thin".

That's why when discussing pronunciations IPA is required.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
IPA?
This?

I TOTALLY agree.

My GF, who has sort of absorbed (a form of) Spanish having grown up in Houston, is very happy to remind me how to pronounce certain things correctly. So I had a fair idea of how 'Zorro' would sound.

Ezomyte, though, since it's by a NZ company and clearly isn't in 'Karui', seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 11, 2012, 4:09:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info