elemental hit vs power siphon wanding

EDITING ENTIRE FIRST POST:

now wanting to know about using elemental hit vs power siphon as a main skill. mostly worried about the higher level mana costs on the skill. :O just wanna hear some ideas and what not
Last edited by coatesishere on Jun 29, 2013, 6:58:27 PM
wand + resolute technique = bad...

I'm not saying it can't work, but it doesn't sound like a good idea.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Jun 29, 2013, 8:54:43 AM
Wander with RT?

There is just 1 good point in wands, it is high crit chance

What the fuck RT.
1. You'll do 0 damage.
2. You'll never be able to sustain the mana.
3. You get nearly 0 es nodes. You'll have no survivability.
4. WHAT THE FUCK RT? Are you serious?
5. You use LMP without chain on wands.
6. You get barely any damage nodes for phys wand
7. You'll probably get 6 frenzy charges (2 from tree, 1 from bandit). That's equal to 138% attack speed. With absolutely no other attack speed modifiers, you're at 3.57 aps.
With the links Wep ele-lmp-added fire-life leech, you'll use 82 mana/cast. AKA 297 mana/second as CI. Even with mana leech at 1k mana, you're only leeching back 125 mana/second. You need 172 mana/second in pure regen. A 6th link would aggravate this further.

Use this build instead and go power siphon.
Build
Use the links Power siphon-LMP-Chain-Increased Critical Damage-Added fire
With Hatred, added fire, and the three added ele nodes, you add over 100% of physical damage as elemental.
You'll run 5 auras in this build: Hatred, Discipline, Wrath, Anger, Clarity. With 1200 mana you'll have about 230 left which is perfect.

IGN: TsuruyaNyro
I fully agree with Suzumiyaharuhi, it won't work. To be more serious - it will not work even with lioneseye bow and frenzy - mana usage is so insane that you can't sustain dps as CI with using frenzy as AoE (split arrow + pierce can be mana-cheap solution there, but it won't work with wands at all). Also there's next problem with low damage weapons (which wands for sure are) - mobs got armour like player have. The lesser damage per hit you deal, the better % reduction from armour is on mobs. What i mean - if you deal 4000 physical dps hitting twice per second for 2000 on average, effective dps will be much higher than if you do 4000 dps hitting 5 time per second for 800 on average, and if you pick RT with wands that's how it'll probably end :)

Anyways, report how it works on higher levels. Most likely when it comes to farming first maps or lv67-68 content at merciless you find out if this will work, or won't work at all :)
IGN: Zbyszka (warbands) or Bear_Hug (standard)
ok thanks this is pretty much whwat i was expecting to hear

one thing is that I also wanted to try elemental hit instead of power siphon. i know the mana cost goes up on later levels EH but I thought it'd be a cool skill to try - i'm also gunna run blood rage i think so i can get frenzy and power charges together (if i do EH i can get power charge on crit and even have power siphon set up just to culling strike)

would like to hear some thoughts ideas (other than just go power siphon since i know i can do taht, just wanna hear other legitimate possibilities if any :D)

thanks^^
"
sanleon wrote:
There is just 1 good point in wands, it is high crit chance

Don't forget the ocean (not pool) of affixes that can spawn on them.
Oh wait, you said "good point". NVM.
"
coatesishere wrote:
ok thanks this is pretty much whwat i was expecting to hear

one thing is that I also wanted to try elemental hit instead of power siphon. i know the mana cost goes up on later levels EH but I thought it'd be a cool skill to try - i'm also gunna run blood rage i think so i can get frenzy and power charges together (if i do EH i can get power charge on crit and even have power siphon set up just to culling strike)

would like to hear some thoughts ideas (other than just go power siphon since i know i can do taht, just wanna hear other legitimate possibilities if any :D)

thanks^^

elemental hit is a piece of shit. 24 mana/cast?
Lmp
Chain
Wep ele
Life leech
Power Charge on Crit
24*2*1.5*1.8*1.3*1.1 = 185 mana/cast.
You're gonna get fucked as CI again. This time you don't have physical to do mana leech. And if you're using elemental hit for a phys build, you miss out on the huge bonus that 125% damage effectiveness, the %phys damage, and an extra link does since as a phys build, all your elemental damage is scaled from your phys, not from flat ele damage.

Things you lose going ele hit, 90% or so phys damage, 1 link, 25% more damage, ability to sustain mana.
Things you gain: Elemental damage which is marginalized because elemental damage for phys builds scale ele from phys, 80% crit.

Also, if you're going ele hit build as pure ele, you're fucked. No way you can sustain even 2 attacks/second without mana leech.

IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 30, 2013, 12:53:40 AM
i heard it getting nerfed hardly after the patch?
my friend rerolled an other char, cause he lost over 40% of his damage after the patch.

and yes, RT is absoluetly senseless.
Last edited by crackred on Jun 30, 2013, 6:15:50 AM
Combine EH Wirth EE -> win
IGN: SwaggerOfWreaclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info