Bug with Daresso's Salute?

I may have discovered a bug with Daresso's Amulet. Whenever I mouse-over any DPS skill when at full life, such as Ground Slam, and prior to attacking, the tooltip states my DPS has decreased by roughly 14-15%. This makes no sense as Daresso's Salute is suppose to increase melee damage by 60% when at full life.

Has anyone experienced the same bug? Is this intended or is it simply an error with the tooltip?
I can check when I get home.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Bumping. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
Mine is definitely higher when I'm at full life. Checked with heavy strike, might be ground slam or something.
S L O W E R
You have to mouse over the skill just as you are executing the attack to see the tooltip change your DPS. I tested with Heavy Strike this morning. The tooltip indeed showed a DPS decrease. It's weird...it doesn't happen when any other amulet besides Daresso's is equipped.
"
mookiiee wrote:
You have to mouse over the skill just as you are executing the attack to see the tooltip change your DPS. I tested with Heavy Strike this morning. The tooltip indeed showed a DPS decrease. It's weird...it doesn't happen when any other amulet besides Daresso's is equipped.

Do you have blood magic?

If so, BM takes the cost before calculating the damage so that you will never be at full life when attacking.

Things that benefit "on full life" exist to incentivize CI (though it's not a hard requirement) and disincentivize BM.
Mouse over just as you execute the skill? Are you using Blood Magic gem or keystone? A skill activated with either of these won't profit from increased damage on full life, because it costed life to activate it.

€dit: Too slow. :(
Last edited by Lord_of_Error on Jun 29, 2013, 11:25:02 AM
Not changing for me, but I am CI.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
It's an "increased" mod, so no problems.
"
mookiiee wrote:
I may have discovered a bug with Daresso's Amulet. Whenever I mouse-over any DPS skill when at full life, such as Ground Slam, and prior to attacking, the tooltip states my DPS has decreased by roughly 14-15%. This makes no sense as Daresso's Salute is suppose to increase melee damage by 60% when at full life.

Has anyone experienced the same bug? Is this intended or is it simply an error with the tooltip?

Doesnt Daresso Salute have "increased physical damage"? if it would be "more physical damage", you can expect your skills (aswell as autoattacks) to deal 60% more phys dmg. But in fact i think you get other increse % bonuses from STR and skill tree, and this 60% adds to this. Also some part of your dps for sure is elemental, because it's almost impossible to avoid them at all, and some are too good to not use as physical dpser (like added fire, hatred). And that's why your tooltip increased by 14-15%.
IGN: Zbyszka (warbands) or Bear_Hug (standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info