Chromatic Orbs too random

Why should i spend over 500 Chromatics trying to get rrrrgg on an EV chest. It's such a money sink zzzzzzzz. Why can't we pay to just choose our bloody sockets. Now my toon is gimped because i didn't expect to spend this much. Awesome.
In Game Name: RIP_DEEPS
IGN RIP_DEEPS
I agree it can be too random some times, but its for a reason. Usually the skills you want to use with that specific armor is not intended which is why the armor is biased against such colors for balancing reasons.

What the hell is a toon btw?
^^ Great explanation.

Cartoon, I think.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
Wrong. You cant get rrrrgg because chromatic RNG is not random enough.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
If you were likely to get that combination, you'd be less likely to get one that is more commonly associated with the armor type. Thus, we'd have people here complaining about how it was too hard to get the green slots they need to make their armor work.

Any way they go, someone is going to complain.

So they should simply ignore you.
"
kamil1210 wrote:

you better be wrong....
IGN RIP_DEEPS
I don't think 600+ can be considered likely. This is so dumb. No more than 3 colours ever change at once....
IGN RIP_DEEPS
Most people complain chromatics are not random enough.

The colours you roll are highely dependent on the armour type. Trying to get 4 off-colours is very hard. Trying to get 4 specific off-colours is even harder.

Use a pure armour or armour-evasion base if you want RRRRGG

The way it's currently set up makes it easier to get the colours you want if you play with the system rather than against. If it was completely random which colour you got it would make things harder.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Last edited by AnnanFay on Jun 28, 2013, 10:09:27 PM
"
snadelle wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

you better be wrong....

He is right. From the path of exile wiki:

"
The random choice of colour for sockets is weighted upon which attributes are required to use it. Gear that requires Strength has a big chance to obtain red sockets. Likewise, Dexterity with green ones, and Intelligence for blue. If gear has two requirements, both colours generate with increased chance. This is also true for any Chromatic Orb / Jeweller`s Orb reforging.
It's possible, I got GGGGRB in a strength/intelligence item, took ~200 chromatics:

IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on Jun 29, 2013, 12:24:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info