Please Add a Portal Expire Timer

Please Add a Portal Expire Timer.

Since you added the heath bars you might give a Portal a health bar to act like a timer.

Last edited by fendaann on Jun 27, 2013, 10:50:33 PM
Right now the game has no idea whatsoever precisely when an instance will expire.

Instances are deleted as a function of available server resources; the more taxed a particular server is, the more frequently it will clear unused instances, striking the oldest instances first. This is why the game tells you 8-15 minutes.

You're asking for the game to literally predict the future here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 28, 2013, 1:49:24 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Right now the game has no idea whatsoever precisely when an instance will expire.

Instances are deleted as a function of available server resources; the more taxed a particular server is, the more frequently it will clear unused instances, striking the oldest instances first. This is why the game tells you 8-15 minutes.

Is this true? I thought the timer was either 8 or 15 minutes depending on the number of exits the instance had, and that there was no variance inbetween.
"
square0 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Is this true? I thought the timer was either 8 or 15 minutes depending on the number of exits the instance had, and that there was no variance inbetween.
Actually instances with more exits are given preferential (last longer) treatment as well.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
it would be nice if i could delete my own-made instances if i'm done with them

some times i have to many labs up ^ if i make a group at the same time you get like 20 labs and you need to use portals to connect to the lab that you want
top kek
Last edited by Dimitrii_ss2 on Jun 28, 2013, 7:13:05 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Then how do you explain when you control click a instance it gives a count down clock for each instance?

Hmmmmm

It is based on number of exits as stated before and I believe they have extended the map time also.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Then how do you explain when you control click a instance it gives a count down clock for each instance?

Hmmmmm
It appears I was previously misinformed. Sorry about that.

Yeah, portal countdown timers seem fine.
"
fendaann wrote:

Since you added the heath bars you might give a Portal a health bar to act like a timer.

garbage collector...
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I dont see the conclusion here.
Whats wrong about predicting the future?
Would be a nice feature!
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
fendaann wrote:

good idea.
+1

oh yah, please also add the name of the player that open portal, in the town-side.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info