Brightbeak viable thanks to damage changes?

I was wondering how a Brightbeak build would work now that physical damage from items scales in a way similar to elemental damage.

In and of itself, it's not too different from trying to build an elemental damage based Brighbeak build. The difference is that nodes that increase physical damage are more abundant and way, way stronger. So with meginord's, abyssus/bringer of rain, iron rings and good damage mods, it should be possible to pack quite a punch, while wielding a 2 APS jackhammer.

Has anyone tried anything similar?

Here's a mockup build I made: Jackhammer

Yeah, it barely has any HP, but it has a ton of block to make up for it.

BM is to sustain the probably ridiculous mana costs of spaming at such speeds.

chose DW because you get access to the best attack speed and damage modifiers that way, I think. It would likely use brightbeak plus some utility offhand you never hit with (aurumvorax for resists, Ungil's for block, Al Dhih for lifesteal are good examples).
Last edited by Falcord on Jun 27, 2013, 1:49:01 PM
Why Brightbeak ?

Other than its a mace with a low level requirement, I don't see anything special with it.

Yes, at 1.95 attack per second, its fast. But you can easily get faster weapons (usually swords) with much more base damage

A simple research with poe.xyz with 2 criterias (Attack speed of 2.0 or higher and 250 physical dps or higher) returns 18 weapons :

http://poe.xyz.is/search?league=Standard&aps_min=2&pdps_min=300&time=2013-06-20

You could probably afford 2 of those weapons and deal much better damage than with Brightbeak.

So unless you are strickly talking about low levels (20-30), I don't see why would use Brightbeaks.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Jun 27, 2013, 3:13:55 PM
it still sucks man
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

"
Velkor wrote:
Why Brightbeak ?

Yes, at 1.95 attack per second, its fast. But you can easily get faster weapons (usually swords) with much more base damage.

Actually, if you check out the swords in your search, you'll find that they're either not for sale or cost multiple Exalts. Brightbeak is dramatically cheaper and easier to acquire, and as you pointed out, it can be equipped as early as level-20.
If you can afford an Abyssus/Bringer, you can afford a decent weapon. Just saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info