Is Lightning Strike pretty useless withoutt a 20% quality?

Or piercing in general? I don't have enough sockets to use Pierce as without Faster Attacks it's pretty useless. It seems to me my LS build at level 65 is useless because I don't have enough sockets and can't pierce because no quality gem and no chance now to get a quality one. Doing 3.5k with Anger and Wrath just isn't cutting it for AOE with 3 projectiles and no pierce. Sure I can shock them and stun them but I find myself always going in for the clobber, not best idea for me. It seems to me the people who do it well, despite the huge lag are spamming at about 1.2 AS with chain or gmp with good quality. I don't even think 10% would be enough
Last edited by raziekeljr on Jun 27, 2013, 2:54:57 PM
Are you using a 4L? What are you linking to it? LS + WED + multistrike + Faster Attacks ? In that case, get a 5L and put pierce on it.

Or chain, for the craziness.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Yep its WED, Faster Attacks, Melee Phys and LS itself.
Templar doesn't have a lot of options for neutral weapon inc AS so my feeling is slower attack but kill more area.
So if I had even a 20% chance of pierce it would be much better than 0 chance. I guess fresh out of gcps means I'm outta luck on the 5 L, the stats I have are bad but it is 1600 armor and losing that I would be quite dead a lot more. So finding a decent 5L with worthwhile stats at the same level. Oh well, I think I will just respec him I still have that option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info