Can you have only 1 curse active at a time?

Not very familiar with using curses. Can you only have 1 active at a time? If so, would you recommend enfeeble or vulnerability?
You can get the passive Whispers of Doom to get more than one.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
Not very familiar with using curses. Can you only have 1 active at a time? If so, would you recommend enfeeble or vulnerability?

under normal circumstances yes, only one curse can be applied by a character. There is a passive skill that allows an additional curse to be stacked, unique boots that allows an additional curse to be stacked and a unique ring that allows an additional curse to be stacked. There may be others that I'm not thinking of, but 5 curses stacking is definitely possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE about stacking curses, a monster can only be cursed by one player at a time, so if you think you want to stack your curse on top of your buddies 3 curses... DON'T

vulnerability vs enfeeble is situational, depends on if you need the defense or the faster killing speed.
"

By default yes, you can only put one curse at a time on a given monster. But you can increase this limit with the Whispers of Doom keystone and also with certain unique items.

Enfeeble is the best all-round defensive curse (although Temporal Chains and Warlord's Mark have their uses). Vulnerability is not generally a good idea for physical melee unless you have very strong defences, but it has some niche uses for DOT users (e.g. a Puncture build) and also as a physical ranged damage booster (usually on top of Projectile Weakness).
Why would vulnerability not be good for my melee marauder? Anyway, I plan on picking them both up. Would should I expect to pay for them in trade?
"
Why would vulnerability not be good for my melee marauder? Anyway, I plan on picking them both up. Would should I expect to pay for them in trade?

You would be better of taking Warlords mark or enfeeble if you're playing melee.
depends on build..

I use vulnerability with my 2H Marauder on Bosses - playing stunlock build and this helps a lot thanks to added stun chance and (mainly) reduced stun recovery

warlods mark for groups.. I like to use enfeeble in builds that have some chance to evade..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"

The issue is that monsters in this game hit hard, so you're generally looking for ways to reduce the harm they do. As mentioned, it is a good curse for a stunlock build, but otherwise it doesn't help you defensively, so you may be safer using Enfeeble against hard-hitting mobs. Also, Vulnerability is potentially dangerous against mobs with physical reflect.

Both gems are quest drops, so you shouldn't pay much for the base gems. Quality gems are another matter, though.
Between those curses, I would recommend Enfeeble if you are taking too much damage, but if you aren't in trouble of dying, go Vulnerability.

As people have mentioned, there is a passive and a couple unique items that allow for an extra curse. Here is the ring (i don't have the boots) if you want to decide if you want to try and trade for it.

Yeah, I think I will go with Enfeeble, the monsters do hit hard in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info