Lightning Strike Skill Question

Hey guys,

I've got 2 Lightning Strike skill gems. On the 2nd one it says "2 additional projectile". However, even I link those 2 gems I can't get 5 projectiles? Am I doing something wrong?
"
Elgitaro wrote:
Hey guys,

I've got 2 Lightning Strike skill gems. On the 2nd one it says "2 additional projectile". However, even I link those 2 gems I can't get 5 projectiles? Am I doing something wrong?
Are you linking the two Lightning Strike gems together and expecting to see 5 projectiles? This is not how it works. Active Skills don't affect each other when linked together. Support Gems affect Active Skills, and that's all. To get 5 projectiles you need to link Lesser Multiple Projectiles with Lightning Strike, which will give your projectiles 30% less damage.
"
Sarkilas wrote:
"
Elgitaro wrote:
Hey guys,

Are you linking the two Lightning Strike gems together and expecting to see 5 projectiles? This is not how it works. Active Skills don't affect each other when linked together. Support Gems affect Active Skills, and that's all. To get 5 projectiles you need to link Lesser Multiple Projectiles with Lightning Strike, which will give your projectiles 30% less damage.

I understand, but why does it say "2 additional projectiles" on the 2nd one?
Last edited by Elgitaro on Jun 27, 2013, 8:47:55 AM
Because that's what Lightning Strike innately does: a regular Projectile Attack would fire one Projectile; LS fires two addition Projectiles, totalling three by default. Both gems (should) have that in their description.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 27, 2013, 10:21:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info