[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

"
robble wrote:
quick question - it appeared to be so but I'm not sure.. are the mobs hit by your melee splash attached to dominance dominated? or do they need to be directly hit with your weapon? It looked like I would dominate whole groups at once but I want to be sure.

Dominate everything, and it's pretty badass
So I completely overpaid to get Dominating Blow to try this on my 60 Marauder (was using splash/multi/IB already, so build is close enough to the same).

Totally worth it. This is hilarious, and amazing in most zones. The only place it seems to suffer is stuff like Ledge/Felshrine. Zombies and Skeletons aren't the best pets.
"
PessimiStick wrote:
This is hilarious...

this^^ this is quite fun AND funny.

"
Zombies and Skeletons aren't the best pets.

why not? too slow?
Is there an order of keystones and skills I should get first?
IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992
"
Ser_Mayhem wrote:
Nice build :-)
But what about using the Reaper Pursuit ?

Tell me if i'm wrong, but this weapon seem awesome for this build because it get culling strike, so you can convert faster, and hits never miss, so you can respec RT. The lack of dmg is not a problem, because minions do most of the job.

Dmg would be a problem. The minions, even the rares, don't do that much dmg. Their allure is providing fodder such that you yourself hardly ever get hit, which is highly desireable on higher level maps. They are also fun as hell and very helpfull when they flicker or have auras. Without the damage, the dominating blow 5Led on blood magic will kill you if you have to swing too many times without finishing the mob. This build works best when its 1-4 hits.

That weapon would be great for say level 35-50ish though if you already have it handy.

My lvl 35 5L ran out of juice at about level 55, so I bought a blue 5L for 1 gcp, alced it and spent 7 chaos to get this gear going to farm merc ruins with:

Spoiler

I am hoping to fund a Marohi to do maps with while I aquire the levels to do it. This weapon is doing a dandy job, even with item quality in it.

Last edited by Fleshbits on Jun 27, 2013, 4:32:07 AM
how do you dominate, when it's just you and the boss.

A totally useless build in tough situation.
I guess you swap it for glacial hammer/heavy strike/whatever and remove melee spash replace with added fire
what is the problem with bosses ? you should have a 30+ army thats rape everything in the time / and i have 215 mana/ my skill cost 200 mana and i can spamm it with mana leach gem
NEW BOW is OPOP
"
OFasO wrote:
how do you dominate, when it's just you and the boss.

A totally useless build in tough situation.
There's only a few bosses (and only in normal zones) that have no other mobs around, and you can just switch IB/Glacial/Heavy/etc. in for that.
"
robble wrote:
why not? too slow?

Yeah, they wander so far behind you that they really only do anything against the pack you're currently fighting, so you may as well just explode them with IB or something. On the flipside of that, flicker strike mobs are seizure-inducingly awesome. I did Weaver last night with this build (~1400 DPS with my DB setup, compared to 3000+ with IB), and I molested Weaver in like 8 seconds and I'm not even sure I got hit. A horde of flicker strike spiders teleporting all over the screen is amazing.
Last edited by PessimiStick on Jun 27, 2013, 9:47:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info