[1.0.0 UPDATED] 2H Melee dominating blow build - Fun and effective (also with facebreakers)

What would a 6 link look like for this build?
I'm running faster attacks for my 6th link, but I haven't really explored other options. Added fire could be a thing, life leech too, even increased duration.
Standard: ArcingTalon
"
Sorites118 wrote:
I'm running faster attacks for my 6th link, but I haven't really explored other options. Added fire could be a thing, life leech too, even increased duration.

I am running a similar build in softcore (died 3 times in 57 levels though) and i've put Increased Duration in my 4th socket (+Melee Splash and Blood Magic). This makes a HUGE difference! Now I have quite often 40 minions with me, sometimes more than 50. It was not possible without Increased Duration. So i'd say it is a very good option, if not mandatory.
GGG fanboy
I took increased duration for a spin, and the reduced clear speed mostly offset the longer lasting minions. I managed 20 at all times before, and with increased duration, I was able to keep ~25 with me at all times. But they didn't hit as hard either, since they lost the faster attacks buffs to themselves.
Standard: ArcingTalon
now that i'm level 67 i shifted over to a facebreaker build with bringer of rain. Before I got bringer of rain, dominating blow worked best for my in my 5 link chest. Now that I can't wear a chest, infernal blow works much better. I don't have any army backing me up but I mow through the enemies so fast it is funny.

Last edited by robble on Jul 23, 2013, 3:54:01 PM
"
What would a 6 link look like for this build?

I think these 4 are essential:
Dominating Blow - Melee Physical Damage, Melee Splash, Blood Magic

Then for your 5th and 6th link:
Multistrike/Life Leech/Added Fire Damage/Increased Duration (choose 2)
I would probably go with Multistrike and Life Leech, but the better option is Bringer of Rain in my opinion.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluab6n0k3AD3TxIWCeua6TQKCmVwUt70464WBLMgmi6ojxeu8S4XTtJ-3z3ayqGS5yqVnz1I982cAaud2QVfIv7w6nhOdSGjhUSew4Xz862PZILdKMz1BQ8B9YYwSzogDG2BRNAnFN2Ix2gW-ePLXyqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd9N46xZ_o-E76yvU99Y22ae-tI26eNqJKoZhdlhVw2Rzrvt-6qgtMT2PC3Grrc-erj-CvJF52Obg8QVqZVRYA==

What do you guys think about this one as a Facebreaker version?

Compared to the build on Page 1:

Loss

- 22% Life
- 80 Dex (would it be an issue?)
- 45% increased Skill Effect Duration (don't want to run perma immortal call)
- US (Buff to Evade)

Gain

+ 18% additional Shield Block Chance
+ 60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+ 8% to all Elemental Resistances
+ 88% increased Armour
+ 1 Maximum Endurance Charge
+ 0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge

Not sure yet if I want to run maps with this char at all.
ign: ZeoZergs
instead of cleave can't i just level as a groundslam marauder? o.o much more beneficial since i don't have to get enough dexterity for swords and axes.. or is there something i'm missing out on?
I'm a bit retarded with allocating skills so I was wondering if anyone has links to passive skills every 20 or so levels just so I can have a general path to follow.
"
Tumiya wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluab6n0k3AD3TxIWCeua6TQKCmVwUt70464WBLMgmi6ojxeu8S4XTtJ-3z3ayqGS5yqVnz1I982cAaud2QVfIv7w6nhOdSGjhUSew4Xz862PZILdKMz1BQ8B9YYwSzogDG2BRNAnFN2Ix2gW-ePLXyqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd9N46xZ_o-E76yvU99Y22ae-tI26eNqJKoZhdlhVw2Rzrvt-6qgtMT2PC3Grrc-erj-CvJF52Obg8QVqZVRYA==

What do you guys think about this one as a Facebreaker version?

Compared to the build on Page 1:

Loss

- 22% Life
- 80 Dex (would it be an issue?)
- 45% increased Skill Effect Duration (don't want to run perma immortal call)
- US (Buff to Evade)

Gain

+ 18% additional Shield Block Chance
+ 60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+ 8% to all Elemental Resistances
+ 88% increased Armour
+ 1 Maximum Endurance Charge
+ 0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge

Not sure yet if I want to run maps with this char at all.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQx9Dq0QfxLhFE0WbxjbGS4ZhRo4GlUb-h0UIWAkqiXfJ-0ppS3SMgk26DbpOthAoEOcR35N2FBQUWBUSVXGVw1YY1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5uaXKpdO108XrvfNmBb4TZhO-MdozPj0aQVZHOmSubLZ48nrmezaC0ogCkGacIpzCnhKmVq8WsqqyvuJO53bvtvYG-p8APwBrDhsaextjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP2WHi6uNq51Lnkew47w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI-tL7qg==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info