Exception - Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8

This exception often happen when changing zone

---------
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 6204489728 Size: 9858085
---------

offsets probably different each time, but i hate this error. After this error i get next

---------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
----------

and game client closes.
Last edited by happy_horror on Jun 16, 2013, 5:55:59 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 4:06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
got another one when tp to town

---------------------------
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 4288479232 Size: 15091333
---------------------------
I get these all the time (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/420184/page/1/#p3720289).

Can happen any time you change zone; waypoint, portal or just entering on foot.
Last edited by Feryar on Jun 16, 2013, 11:09:41 AM
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
i have all quality at low in settings, but after some time this error still happen and i think it caused by memory leaks or something else, because when this error occures i don't have 100% load of RAM
i would assume if it was memory leaks it would effect everyone.
As it is i the game loads areas, some spells and other stuff into the ram(item drops, corpses and what not) you move to a new area it loads more stuff into the ram until and keeps going...it normally clears after the 8-15 minutes the area are active provided you don't re visit them.
Act three being much bigger is where most people notice a problem the -gc 2 command line should fix that, if not you'll need to run a dxdiag and post it here

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
i would assume if it was memory leaks it would effect everyone.

Very likely it does affect everyone. Most people are just having 64-bit OS and lots of GPU memory, so it would take very long time for crashes to happen. Can you run the game 48 hours without ever closing? Also bigger memory gives the memory unit more room to sort things around. It might be more stable because of something like that aswell.
(To make test environment same, you have to play Act 3 as summoner class.)

Try texturequality=4 in the ini settings. It makes many terrain textures like 16x16 but at least it's not crashing anymore, as much.
Last edited by Zaflis on Jun 17, 2013, 5:37:24 PM
well i can tell you that playing a summoner isn't going to bee good for this error, particularly if you are using minion instability, i've played one before on an older PC and whilst i never crashed or had the error message there is a noticeable slow down in FPS all thanks to the bits of exploded corpses which as far as i can tell are all rendered.

I got this error now. What will I do ?

btw I get too many errors when I change map. Really it's going to be boring and it's killing my enjoy.
"
gPresto wrote:
I got this error now. What will I do ?

btw I get too many errors when I change map. Really it's going to be boring and it's killing my enjoy.

read the thread you posted in and follow the links, or rather than necro make your own post

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info