Grinding?

I would opt for the first one. Because being able to team up on the fly can really make or break multiplayer.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I think that the first method is way to complicated because you will end up with lots and lots of copies of the same instance. Just imagine you do some (lets say 20-40 boss runs a day) you have 20-40 instance copys. I do not think that this is necessary!

Maybe it is the better to save whole complexes (it means the whole prison complex with all the x levels) as one instance. The instance will be open if a player and/or a town portal is in any of the levels. It will be deleted if and only if no player and no town portal is in it and a player enters a different complex (towns are exceptions and do not count as a new complex).
There will be two options:
1) If no player is in the complex and you're not in a party you have the option to reset it per button (=> all town portals will be deleted)
2) If you are in a party the leader has the option to reset the whole complex if no member of the party is in the complex => all town portals will be deleted

Now what happens if you join a party?
1) If you're in town you can easily go to your party via town portals some members open for you => you automatically get to the instance copy from the party for the complex and you're old one (if there is one) will be deleted
2) If you're in a complex and you join a party you have to travel back to town either per teleporter or town portal and you can do the same thing as described in the first point.
3) If you are the creator of a party you will simply stay in you're instance of the copy and the party members can join you if you open a town portal for them => the party creator can join an instance of an other player as well, if the other player opens the town portal!

Now the town portal thing is a little bit complicated... So there could be the following option:
If you join a party you will have the option to instantly be teleported to the party leader if and only if he is in an complex you visited before (to avoid the possibility to skip areas) => You will be automatically in his instance of the complex => Your old complex will be resetted if there is no town portal in it
"
Rhesos wrote:
I think that the first method is way to complicated because you will end up with lots and lots of copies of the same instance. Just imagine you do some (lets say 20-40 boss runs a day) you have 20-40 instance copys. I do not think that this is necessary!

Maybe it is the better to save whole complexes (it means the whole prison complex with all the x levels) as one instance. The instance will be open if a player and/or a town portal is in any of the levels. It will be deleted if and only if no player and no town portal is in it and a player enters a different complex (towns are exceptions and do not count as a new complex).
There will be two options:
1) If no player is in the complex and you're not in a party you have the option to reset it per button (=> all town portals will be deleted)
2) If you are in a party the leader has the option to reset the whole complex if no member of the party is in the complex => all town portals will be deleted

Now what happens if you join a party?
1) If you're in town you can easily go to your party via town portals some members open for you => you automatically get to the instance copy from the party for the complex and you're old one (if there is one) will be deleted
2) If you're in a complex and you join a party you have to travel back to town either per teleporter or town portal and you can do the same thing as described in the first point.
3) If you are the creator of a party you will simply stay in you're instance of the copy and the party members can join you if you open a town portal for them => the party creator can join an instance of an other player as well, if the other player opens the town portal!

Now the town portal thing is a little bit complicated... So there could be the following option:
If you join a party you will have the option to instantly be teleported to the party leader if and only if he is in an complex you visited before (to avoid the possibility to skip areas) => You will be automatically in his instance of the complex => Your old complex will be resetted if there is no town portal in it

sounds alot like TQ :P
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
"
Phouriuh wrote:

sounds alot like TQ :P

Hm really don't know how TQ handled it because i never played it in mp. But there is one big difference i think: In TQ you create new games when you party up and in PoE you will stay in the game... That makes it way more difficult to handle every abuse possibility and to implement a system that is easy to understand...
"
Rhesos wrote:

Nah that will never happen, because you would only ever have one instance of a particular area associated with yourself.

eg. You start a game on your own and enter "dungeon #1". You play for a bit, then a friend comes online and you form a party. Your friend has already started a game and is also in and instance of "dungeon #1". You decide to meet up with your friend, so you go back to town, then enter his instance. At this point you are no longer associated with your original instance and it vanishes.
Now you complete the instance and your friend logs off. You decide you want to run through that area again, so you disassociate yourself from the instance using the UI, and enter a new one.

In other words the maximum possible number of instances you'd ever have to choose from would be equal to the size of the party.
NECRO THREAD!
Hmph. The questions posed by the OP are now incredibly outdated and, more importantly, answered by the current state of the game itself.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info