Grinding?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried searching the existing threads, and although there were some interesting reads, I didn't find anything to answer my question or alleviate my worries.

"players will find that they level up more slowly as they gain experience."

This makes me wonder... will it be like many of the other MMO's out there, where you are forced to repeat the same content over and over again to level up,
or will every level have enough new challenges and new quests so that you can continually explore new areas, solve new puzzles, fight new monsters, etc ?
If you're forced to do the same stuff over and over again, then I'm afraid it may get boring very quickly... what has been done to avoid this?

[Edit] to clarify: yes, I know the levels are randomly generated (from predefined blocks), but other than that... how much variety/surprises can we expect while leveling up?
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 21, 2013, 8:04:34 PM
Yes, you'll most likely need to repeat content to completely level up or get items you want. It shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as many of the MMOs out there.
Forum Sheriff
---
there are bound to be fairly frequent updates with new content :
areas , mobs , bosses , quests , itemstuff .

that combined with the ACTION oriented nature of the game promises alot of ENJOYABLE replayability , if if you LIKE this kind of game .

**action rpg , hack n slash , lots of looting**

believe it or not some people do not like this style of game , i know strange right ?
I don't mean to sound rude, but have you played Diablo? Or for that matter any of the clones out there?

Action Rpg's are in theory a simple formula. Kill, loot, repeat.
---
action is the key word .
Comparing grind in a typical fantasy MMO say like WOW, to grind in an action RPG solo or with a small group is like comparing the queen with jessica alba in terms of who you would do more
Yeah the action factor is very important. In games like mythos/diablo/titan quest i never had this grind feeling even though i killed some bosses and did some maps fairly often. In WoW/Aion/RoM there was this grind feeling, because you stay in the same area with the same mobs for a long time, with only killing one mob at a time, which takes quite long and you have this down times to recover health/mana too...
"
Rhesos wrote:
Yeah the action factor is very important. In games like mythos/diablo/titan quest i never had this grind feeling even though i killed some bosses and did some maps fairly often. In WoW/Aion/RoM there was this grind feeling, because you stay in the same area with the same mobs for a long time, with only killing one mob at a time, which takes quite long and you have this down times to recover health/mana too...

agreeeee...
Probably yeah... Its a good thing isn't it?
i just hope the leveling speed isnt anything like grind-fest mmo's such as rappelz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info