Dye/paint system

Just wondering if we can get any info on this

such as the range of colours planned, the amount of detail you could do such as if its just a straight paint bucket job or are we going to be able to trim,design and use more than 1 colour on 1 item etc
i think you have to buy dyes and new skins for your armor via the microtransfersystem. but a dev can edit me:P??
yes i know that lol

i mean details and features of the system, how basic it will be or if they plan for something cool and unique rather than generic paint fills and ready made designs
With a smaller company like this I don't envision them making a dye system so extensive and detailed as say... Guild Wars 2, I'd imagine the dyes in this will be more along the lines of tinting items, kind of like gems did in Diablo 2
Well most of it boils down to.

What can we dye different colors.
eg (Base armor/sword/bow color and then a trim color. or more)
What colors can we dye them.
eg (full color wheel or predetermined colors or mixed system base colors with saturation sliders.)

Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
yea i mean realisticly im not holding out for something amazing, but it doesnt mean i cant wish and hope for it ;-)

This anyone?
If you're going to make the color options that extensive then you may as well open up the entire RGB256 spectrum for use.
Forum Sheriff
I would be happy with a few colours if it meant i could have some creative control over those colours
if they wanted the the entire RGB256 spectrum open for use theres only 1 way i can think of doing it.

they could make a dye mask and have it as an alphachannel. So black = no hue change, white = hue change.

Not entirely sure a hue change would be best but eh the point is, they could click a button and it would output every possible colour combination.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info