New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

Updating OP to reflect finalised design. I did start a separate thread on this but thought better to update this thread as well.
Nice thread, grats on your decision :)
Looks great!
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Are you able to share info or something else?
Design looks very good

Also, Dyadus is the final name?
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
Someone gimmie a grand, I wanna make a unique too.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Did you purposely chose to put western dragons on an asian inspired axe? :)
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I like the design of the Axe it is a cool concept. Personally I would have liked to have seen the blade be made of black and red obsidian. A lot of lore with dragons talks about obsidian so not only would it look sick it also carries more story to it.
Thanks guys for the positive feedback!

"
Qarak wrote:
Are you able to share info or something else?

Don't think I'm in a position to share details given everything's still in testing and things are bound to change a bit. Current intention is:

- Lvl 50-60s 1H axe
- Predominantly elemental damage
- Affixes will hopefully give reasons for players to consider whether to equip 1 or 2 of these

"
Qarak wrote:
Also, Dyadus is the final name?

Yes, Dyadus will likely be the final name. I came up with a silly name that I thought was cool, "Deuxdraco" to signify 2 dragons.

GGG rightfully decided it deserved a better name (Doo Draco, anyone?) and came up with "The Dyad" since a dyad represents a unit of two (I confess, I had to google this).

In the words of Justin Timberlake, I said "Drop the "the"." So Rory came up with a few suggestions including Dyadus and that's how it came to be.

"
Hell_Bovine wrote:
Did you purposely chose to put western dragons on an asian inspired axe? :)

It was quite accidental really. I just said "put a dragon on an axe" and they sent the few draft sketches across (you can see the sketches in my OP spoiler as well) and was pretty much how I got my avatar too. The oriental accents were kindly added by GGG when I had briefly mentioned to them that I was thinking of a twin dragons theme as my twins were born in the chinese year of the dragon :)

"
Malzarius wrote:
Personally I would have liked to have seen the blade be made of black and red obsidian. A lot of lore with dragons talks about obsidian so not only would it look sick it also carries more story to it.

I do like the idea of obsidian and red :)

I'm sticking to gold for now as I'm hoping this unique ultimately gets used with weapon microtransactions. I've asked if the effects can apply to the flame-shaped blade only and Rory's currently checking on that. I'd love it if these could looking like fire breathing dragons on sticks! Heh!
Last edited by dlrr on Sep 13, 2013, 12:58:46 PM
Nice unique man, the final design is awesome. I want to build a char with 2 of them ;D.
♠RaGoN♦
That is one sweet axe man. Very cool design. I'm really interested in how hey will work in pairs, that a neat idea.
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info