New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

It will be much easier to design a unique if you consider the ultimate result first, and then work on a way to make implementing it interesting by making a downside that requires adjusting game play.

For example, if Shavronne's wasn't a horribly OP monster and was designed by me:

End Result:
Chaos Damage doesn't bypass energy shield.

Drawback:
Take 50% more Chaos Damage.

Why this is cool:
Chaos damage is still threatening, but in a different way, so this becomes neutral.
Your life pool is still open to use Auras with, resulting in a net overall benefit to encourage using the item.

It opens up builds, it changes game play and the way the player must consider monsters.
How about a ring that has the major node "element equilibrium" or something, the one that makes your element do less damage but the other elements do more? Sounds kinda like twins, I think. Just my two cents.
Crazy Idea I have, one ring makes it so you cannot use weapons, 2 rings make's it so you can dual weild 2 handed weapons :D

1 ring, gives big boost to unarmed that stacks with facebreakers.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on Jun 12, 2013, 2:03:56 AM
Paua ring
Converts extra damage from critical strikes to chaos damage.
+15 chaos resist

twin-wield
adds the amount of extra damage from critical strikes as chaos damage.
Both rings gives 30 chaos resist

Moonstone ring
+20 es
You take all chaos damage over 2 seconds rather than instant. This debuff can stack multiple times.

twin-wield
Both rings gives 50 es.
You take all chaos damage over 4 seconds rather than instant. This debuff cam stack multiple times
Last edited by Jyssi on Jun 12, 2013, 2:38:28 AM
Most of the ideas here are bad, with the two rings idea doubling the negatives, making it not even worth it. Please don't use any, especially the awful one at the bottom of page 1.
IGN: Grevania
The Twin of All
Unique Nailed Fist

Has no sockets
Cannot equip unless dual-wielding
Duplicates your main-hand weapon and gems exactly while worn
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 12, 2013, 2:36:44 AM
I like the twin ring idea but it needs to well designed.
The positive - negative effects are a good start.

My personal thoughts came to:

Have one "Mana/caster ring".
Gives you considerable +spell damage or +elemental dmg but drains mana like hell. But has a Life reg / life leech mod aswell.
example:
+50% spelldamage (or +25% elemental damage)
drains 100 mana per second.
15% life leech or like 10% life regeneration.
-10% to all resistances.

This ring WOULD be possible to use with sick mana reg and mana leeche maybe but not so easy.

The other is a "Melee/Life ring"
Gives you a considerable +physical dmg but drains life as hell. But has a mana reg / mana leech mod aswell.
example:
+50% physical damage
drains 10% life per sec
-10% to all resistances.

The specific numbers arent put too much thought into...
BUT.

Basically balance them so that if you want to use One ring only for a specific build you have to counter with alot other items to get the life or mana reg going.

If you have the possibility to get two, then the life/mana effect will balance out but you will sit with 2 ringslots with none +resistance and instead a total of -20% resistances.

Just a thought :P

EDIT: Both rings should have: "Doesnt work with blood magic" aswell!

EDIT2: You can name them "Fire and Ice" Baisically it would be one unique item but it could have two different rolls.
Last edited by Cosma on Jun 12, 2013, 2:39:46 AM
I like your idea of one ring having two very different rolls. That potentially results in many combinations. Using your example, players can choose from: 1 fire / 1 ice / 2 fire / 2 ice / 1 each.

I'll have a think and will need to check with devs whether they can do that or not.

"
Cosma wrote:
EDIT2: You can name them "Fire and Ice" Baisically it would be one unique item but it could have two different rolls.
How about a ring with:

"
-8% to all elemental resistances
+20% chaos resistance
-20% maximum chaos resistance
If your total resistance of an element or chaos is negative, it is inverted

It allows you to gear for two resistances (to 75%) and keep a third at 68%, assuming you're in Merciless with it's -60% to all resists and you have none of that specific resist. The ability to get 40% chaos resist with no chaos resist gear would be very useful too.

However, if you had a second ring, you could cap all your resistances at 75% with no resistances on gear, although gearing to that degree of specificity could be hard unless you feel like running a lot of blues, which can make getting additional stats difficult. Additionally it has a risk/reward thing going with chaos resistance. You'd have 20% chaos resistance but a possible maximum of 35% chaos resist if you decided to roll a lot of chaos resist on gear in place of elemental resists.
Last edited by Alfabetica on Jun 12, 2013, 4:36:55 AM
"
Alfabetica wrote:
How about a ring with:

"
-8% to all elemental resistances
+20% chaos resistance
-20% maximum chaos resistance
If your total resistance of an element or chaos is negative, it is inverted

It allows you to gear for two resistances (to 75%) and keep a third at 68%, assuming you're in Merciless with it's -60% to all resists and you have none of that specific resist. The ability to get 40% chaos resist with no chaos resist gear would be very useful too.

However, if you had a second ring, you could cap all your resistances at 75% with no resistances on gear, although gearing to that degree of specificity could be hard unless you feel like running a lot of blues, which can make getting additional stats difficult. Additionally it has a risk/reward thing going with chaos resistance. You'd have 20% chaos resistance but a possible maximum of 35% chaos resist if you decided to roll a lot of chaos resist on gear in place of elemental resists.

But then you could use this with chaos inoculation and get immune to chaos damage and require no resist gear to be resist capped right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info