"
Alfabetica wrote:
How about a ring with:

"
-8% to all elemental resistances
+20% chaos resistance
-20% maximum chaos resistance
If your total resistance of an element or chaos is negative, it is inverted

It allows you to gear for two resistances (to 75%) and keep a third at 68%, assuming you're in Merciless with it's -60% to all resists and you have none of that specific resist. The ability to get 40% chaos resist with no chaos resist gear would be very useful too.

However, if you had a second ring, you could cap all your resistances at 75% with no resistances on gear, although gearing to that degree of specificity could be hard unless you feel like running a lot of blues, which can make getting additional stats difficult. Additionally it has a risk/reward thing going with chaos resistance. You'd have 20% chaos resistance but a possible maximum of 35% chaos resist if you decided to roll a lot of chaos resist on gear in place of elemental resists.

But then you could use this with chaos inoculation and get immune to chaos damage and require no resist gear to be resist capped right?
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Does Chaos Inoculation raise your Chaos resist to 100% or function in some other way?

Either way, just stick 'can not be used with Chaos Inoculation' on it like Midnight Bargain.

I know it changes your chaos resistance to 100%, but I wonder how it works when you manually reduce max chaos resistance. I don't think it will change, because normally your max chaos resistance IS 75%, yet CI will set it to 100%.

Either way, like you said, you could just stick a "cannot be used with CI" affix and solve it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info