{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

ahhhhh what did they do to purity?

i'm already running 7 auras and i dont want to give any of them up Oo
Of course who needs new and exiting auras, lets just copy flask effects on them and say its innovation, allthewhile ruining already shaky late game summoner experience.
Lets all get ready for aura swithcing from pack to pack, its gonna be real fun and not make us do maps 5 times slower at all.

So much for making it possible to run plentora of auras with speccing into them, making us have to use most of our aras for resists is just annoying with no real experience enrichment. I really don't get why, was it done, at all.

EDIT

Lunaris Piety will be fun now (yes not Temple one, never ran her and now probably never will, why bother? Boss loot rewards are shit anyway). She does stupendous amounts of damage in ice form (the lunaris one), so + to cap is mandatory - cold aura sheck, but she also does good damage in human form - lightning aura sheck, Who knows about the fire form, so its 2-3 auras for resists only... or just have very nimble fingers and constantly use one or another aura, lol fun times.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Nov 11, 2013, 1:47:53 AM
Thanks for the guide, great and fun build.

Anyone know where I can buy a Mon'Tregul's Grasp Void Sceptre? Been looking all over the trade forums and Trade Channel.
"
grepman wrote:
given the purity nerf, Id say saffels (and possibly necro aegis) got way more attractive now, not pg...

the nerf is quite huge since most of us were getting at least +3 max resists.

Im pretty skeptical about single-element auras. yeah, useful for boss runs (and thank god lightning is still an int gem) but in general I think no one will really use them outside of boss situations

Good luck running the same auras you ran before + the new resist auras without it.
"
Moose65 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
given the purity nerf, Id say saffels (and possibly necro aegis) got way more attractive now, not pg...

the nerf is quite huge since most of us were getting at least +3 max resists.

Im pretty skeptical about single-element auras. yeah, useful for boss runs (and thank god lightning is still an int gem) but in general I think no one will really use them outside of boss situations

Good luck running the same auras you ran before + the new resist auras without it.

why even run new resist auras unless youre heavily specced into auras ? just switch to one of them before going to map piety/magaera

and while I havent done the math, it looks like you have to get like every reservation node out there to make prism guardian viable and not detrimental to your HP if you were to run 3 auras on it
"
grepman wrote:

why even run new resist auras unless youre heavily specced into auras ? just switch to one of them before going to map piety/magaera

and while I havent done the math, it looks like you have to get like every reservation node out there to make prism guardian viable and not detrimental to your HP if you were to run 3 auras on it

Most Summoners do heavily spec into auras????? There is only one reservation node that is inconvenient for summoners to reach and its only 5%. Anyways, with my gear and passives I can drop 40% auras to 9% in prism guardian without reduced mana. 60% auras get dropped to 13% without reduced mana. If your not manly enough to go without Reduced Mana I believe the 40% Auras get dropped down to 6%, and the 60% to 10%.
Last edited by Moose65 on Nov 11, 2013, 3:17:26 AM
so even with reduced mana you have to reserve over 10% of hp just to get only two of these new auras. not to mention pg has no life and crap armor/es....doiht its possible to even get 4500 hp in this setup
"
grepman wrote:
so even with reduced mana you have to reserve over 10% of hp just to get only two of these new auras. not to mention pg has no life and crap armor/es....doiht its possible to even get 4500 hp in this setup

Did you expect to get them for free? If you don't want extra auras, don't use PG. Your also leaving out the fact that PG has massive resists and up to 30 Dex, so you can drop purity and run the new auras for their max resist (which was one of the main reasons to run purity anyways).

Also, if the Max resists do go above 2%, all the better for aura specced summoners. Right now Purity is giving me 4% more cap, so if these auras go to even 3%, thats 6% more cap resist for my build.
prism guard becomes so much better the more you spec into reservation nodes since it stacks additively with its 25% and also the 8% from alpha howl. using those two and skipping the marauder 5% node, you still get a massive 74% reduction or 16% reserved per 60% aura. if I didn't have prism guard I most likely wouldn't use discipline so its lack of ES balances out.

Its not something you do with a life build of course, but then life builds don't need that many auras since life regen is so much easier to manage.

I had just yesterday managed

Alpha howl:
reduced mana
purity (+5% max with 70% buff)
grace
haste (mainly since rolling 3 off colours is a pain)

prism guard:
vitality
determination
discipline

6th slot on armor lvl 14 clarity.

If its just the max % that has been removed, its still pretty much mandatory for summons. regardless of what gem its replacing, minion resist support is costing you 40-50% more damage of some sort. Unless the new ones provide a ridiculous buff, your still not taking on map bosses so not quite sure what to make of it yet.
Last edited by Asmosis on Nov 11, 2013, 4:25:41 AM
As much as I agree on possobility of these changes being for the better, they do make all summoners to have to resort to prism+howl, which is pretty bad imo. Unless of course they want to gimp themselves. And even this is only possible on max lvl minion gems, since losing +2 to minions is too big of a price before that point.

P.S. Will have to get myself an empower gem and start getting wealth together for that combo...
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Nov 11, 2013, 4:29:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info