2-week hardcore race epitaph thread

RIP HardcoreMalice, taken from us in normal chamber of sins level 2.

Difficult to say who is responsible, since I was disconnected at the time, but it was most likely a lightning skeleton.
OldArsonist died in Vaal Ruins at Level 21 :( and I was 10th on the ladder at the time.

It was My fault - although I don't really know what killed me
I'm BACK :)
Died at level 19.... was getting random disconnect where I have to go back to log in screen to get the game to respond.

Happens sometimes, but in this case I thought I was okay. I wasn't.

Died to something that I never even saw.

I like the concept of playing hardcore, but nothing has changed since I used to play Diablo 2 hardcore... 99% of the time I die from internet problems.

The opening week of D3 was exactly like the opening week of Ultima Online. Lag, servers down, constant crashes, rubber banding... not being able to log in, crashes, bugs, etc, etc...

The future is more of the same.

RIP Zhakalaka, who time traveled unluckily right into the vaal oversoul's mallet.

Quite literally, he pointed his red arm at me and I died. Half a second later mallet hits the spot where I was standing. I know how to read the telegraph, got some experience farming this fight! Very unlucky.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Coldet wrote:
OldArsonist died in Vaal Ruins at Level 21 :( and I was 10th on the ladder at the time.

It was My fault - although I don't really know what killed me

I should have profaned your body with a totem
Spoiler
"
Guurt wrote:
Died at level 19.... was getting random disconnect where I have to go back to log in screen to get the game to respond.

Happens sometimes, but in this case I thought I was okay. I wasn't.

Died to something that I never even saw.

I like the concept of playing hardcore, but nothing has changed since I used to play Diablo 2 hardcore... 99% of the time I die from internet problems.

The opening week of D3 was exactly like the opening week of Ultima Online. Lag, servers down, constant crashes, rubber banding... not being able to log in, crashes, bugs, etc, etc...

The future is more of the same.

I remember how rough the first week of UO was. I convinced my parents to let me stay up late so that I could play in the off-hours as that was the only time the server was stable enough to play! And since everything was over dial up, it made the most sense so that the phone line wasn't always tied up.

I'd like to see dime post in here since he was in the top 5, and suddenly isn't there anymore!
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
I'd like to see dime post in here since he was in the top 5, and suddenly isn't there anymore!

I alt-tabbed out of game, thinking I had left the instance, returned to game 30 seconds later and was dead. Level 46 I think.

I should have died sooner honestly, I took many hits which totally emptied out my health globe. Like nearly a dozen times.

The worst was in I think ruthless, phase running ship graveyard when a substantial extra damage rhoa charged me out of nowhere, knocking me into single digit life. If any other mobs were around or RNG seeded differently that would have been it.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Jul 25, 2012, 4:24:32 PM
DarkNRG just got knocked out of the top 5 also. Sucks to hear that dime, I walked away while playing a couple times thinking I had gone back to town, only to come back and find myself still chilling in an instance.
dime - "Alt tabbed away for 10 seconds too long."
DarkNRG - "Attempted to ride the lightning."
I have just been informed that Gary Oak always loses, I was not aware.

I really like the Overlord fight, it's interesting and takes some skill.

2 beams = GG with max resists and 2k HP in ruthless
If he punches you = GG
The minions... i think they just give some builds a way to recharge flasks

But hey at least i got a 2h Mara that far in a HC race :)
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Jul 25, 2012, 5:12:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info