ENDGAME... SUSTAINABLE?

In a game like this, being a long term ARPG fan I must say the real drawback to this genre in general to me is lack of sustainability.

I am really hoping this game can pull this off, i would love to be playing and testing currently but i have yet to be able to.

Opinions?
D2 lasted over a decade (and still has an active playerbase) and does not have PvP arenas, events, leagues other than SC and HC, short term ladder races, or maps.
=> I think PoE will be fine.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
The current map system is as follows:
You find your first map, which will likely be a level 60 one. You play the map, with a chance to find a higher level map. Playing the higher level map, you have a chance to find an even higher level map.

I have found one level 63 map so far and it felt like I was somewhere where not many people had the privilege of being. Not that the map was necessary in terms of getting items with a higher power level (rares in lower level maps drop the same items as normals in maps two levels higher), but I feel like it is definitely worth farming for.

I think it is one of the better end-games I have experienced so far. I hope the same mechanic with map levels persists in the final game. I think I'm already addicted :P
People seem to be treating the map system as the be all and end all - I see no reason why in the beautiful future we can't see more endgame systems in place too that would harmonise with it.
I think I'd like it more if you were given the choice, at any given time, of which of the level 60 maps you wanted to do. Then from there level 61 and 62 maps could drop. But for now, this will do.

What I'm suggesting is that Chaos would essentially be replaced with the level 60 maps, but with the option to select the area, and from there you could advance in the end-game.

EDIT:

For the record, I'm OK with the way it is now, I'd just rather not have to farm an area to get to the endgame when that area is considerably lower than my level.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 25, 2012, 8:22:02 AM
"
Piggy wrote:
People seem to be treating the map system as the be all and end all - I see no reason why in the beautiful future we can't see more endgame systems in place too that would harmonise with it.

This. I'm pretty sure the folks at GGG haven't run outta ideas, yet. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info