Quick Q about patch install

click to launch, what was your total time? I'm having one hell of a time getting this patch to go, checking resources is taking much longer than first install, and allocating space after 25min was at 15% so I restarted the process and its no better.

PoE is installed on a USB 3.0 device with confirmed read/write speeds. Rig is a quad core 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ddr3 blah blah blah Initial install + download was ~15min. was at 32min before restart, another 12min in on this go and still on checking resources.

is this comparable to anyone else or shall I re-install?
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 10:24:08 PM
~40min later its about 60% on allocating space...i just wanna play!
Checking resources and allocating space depend on the amount of data being patched as well as the speed of the drive itself, I believe. I've had cases where it takes 25 minutes, some where it takes less than 1. Moving it over USB may be causing it to go a little slow, but I've never done that myself.

You just have to let it chug along until it's done.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
bodhe wrote:
click to launch, what was your total time? I'm having one hell of a time getting this patch to go, checking resources is taking much longer than first install, and allocating space after 25min was at 15% so I restarted the process and its no better.

i was honeslty thinking the same thoughts as you while patching.. that it was stuck, and i should restart the launcher.

i ended up letting it go, granted not as long as you, but it did finally move on from "allocating space" and onto downloading of the patch itself. i'd have to say just let it go and be patient.. it did seem like a while for mine also, and it did complete eventually..
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Checking resources and allocating space depend on the amount of data being patched as well as the speed of the drive itself, I believe. I've had cases where it takes 25 minutes, some where it takes less than 1. Moving it over USB may be causing it to go a little slow, but I've never done that myself.

You just have to let it chug along until it's done.

In theory it should be faster moving it to usb 3.0 my read/write speeds are faster on 3.0 vs my hdd. However I am wondering if something in the program writing is causing a hicup, after it finishes (still only 70%) I will update the backup on my hdd and see if its speed is faster.
Ok seems like an issue with the program reading/writing to a usb 3.0 device, I stopped the update and decided to try my backup on a slower hdd and in 8 minutes its at about 90% with over an hour on the usb device.

Interesting, but confusing, as the thumb drive has been confirmed only slightly slower than a ssd. Either way, its faster to update on hdd then copy to usb than it is to update directly to usb. devs? lol
i have the same problem, if u find something to fix this tell me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info