MORE SKILL BAR SLOTS PLZ!!!

yep, what title say this is very serious for me & for the build I want to play, I play MMORPGs for around 10 years & I'm kind of used to have a bar full of skills I know this is not that kind of game but still the slots we currently have is way too limited! ok listen an example say u r a witch like I am & u want to have 2 offensive spells, 2-3 auras active all the time & u play with curses that means 2+ slots occupied so what left? the answer is obviously nothing..

I cant use skills I own & want to have in my skill bar because I don't have space!!!

So yes some more space for skills plz I want to have 4 curses in my skill bar, 3 auras & some other things for emergency situations & I cant play the way I want because the skill bar have so limited space :/
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 14, 2013, 11:56:32 AM
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 3:03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have same problem on my marauder melee build.
Need at least 1-2 slots for spells.
"
kalora wrote:
I have same problem on my marauder melee build.
Need at least 1-2 slots for spells.

Well 1-2 is not enough for me I need at least 4 more skill slots the best would be 5 but even with 4 I can manage.. any way the point is this is a serious prob for me & I'm sure not only me & I really hope that devs plan to expand the skill slots because it would be a shame when there is so many skills/spells in game to limit our play style/build ideas because we simply don't have enough skill slots...

EDIT

I have a suggestion of how GGG can expand the skill slots, the best way in order to not occupy space near the center of the screen would be to make it double in height so what I mean is to have 2 horizontal rows of 5 slots each something like that:

Left Mouse / Scroll Wheel / Right Mouse
F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Do this GGG!
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 14, 2013, 3:33:06 PM
On the one hand, using MMOs to compare with here isn't a good thing in general.

But my mindless nitpicking aside, we DO have an issue with 'too few skills being used' (aka, 1-2 skill spam). I can't really see a problem with allowing a whole ton of skills being accessible at once.

So yes, full support for here. We can have the option of having multiple 'rows' of skills on the skill line. It can be made visible or invisible (ie. you have 3 rows but can either see all 3 or just see 1 that you can toggle). Skill rows that aren't seen can still be used (i.e. if you have skills on z-v keys, and you are looking at the q-t keys, hitting z still works.. Note JUST A PROOF OF CONCEPT EXAMPLE, not actually advising use of those keys)

There's a fraction of players who like consistency and predictability: killing boss X will yield item Y.

This game really isn't for people like that.

This game is for people who'll do the same area over and again because they know..., a Mirror can drop anywhere, anytime. - CharanJaydemyr
I'm quite new to the game, so this is just advice from what I've learned so far, and I may be wrong.

But, you could put the extra abilities (such as curses) on your alternate weapon and shield then just switch to them using "X" (switch weapons) when you want to use them.
"
Umgee wrote:
I'm quite new to the game, so this is just advice from what I've learned so far, and I may be wrong.

But, you could put the extra abilities (such as curses) on your alternate weapon and shield then just switch to them using "X" (switch weapons) when you want to use them.

Actually I did that already, I have 2 curses on my main wpn & 2 on my alt wpn but still it's not enough (also I prefer to have all my curses visible all the time w/o the need to change wpns) because I want to have 3 active auras & I cant put auras on wpn/shield because when I change wpn my auras go off... so that's not the solution I'm looking here even if I do that I still miss slots to put useful skills like Frozen Wall, Phase Run & others.
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 14, 2013, 4:01:15 PM
I agree.

Say you're a melee class. You may want one single-target skill, one multi-target skill, one ranged skill, one totem skill, one curse skill, and one escape/positioning skill. That's 6 skills already. That's not counting summons, traps/mines, auras (which you can assign temporarily to a skill button outside of combat), charge skills like frenzy/enduring cry, DoT skills, a move only button, etc. These are all useful in different situations. You don't need to go the full MMO skill bar route, but to have so few buttons in a PC-only game seems entirely artificial.
"
Umgee wrote:

This is solution for range/cast builds, because they have enough time to swap and curse, but for melee class it's not very usefull.
"
Dakarian wrote:
But my mindless nitpicking aside, we DO have an issue with 'too few skills being used' (aka, 1-2 skill spam). I can't really see a problem with allowing a whole ton of skills being accessible at once.

That's another reason why we need more skill bar slots in order to avoid this 1-2 skill spam as u say, the game have so many skills & we cant use variety in our play-styles cause of the limited space we have for skills, we r constantly spamming the same things again & again, so GGG as u see I'm not the only one that agree that 3 mouse buttons (btw me & most ppl have nothing on left click so 1 mouse button is not even used for skills just to move) + 5 extra slots r not enough! just my auras occupy 3 slots! this is a serious prob that needs urgent fixing!

Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 15, 2013, 9:01:06 AM
"
rpgmaniac wrote:
So yes some more space for skills plz I want to have 4 curses in my skill bar, 3 auras & some other things for emergency situations & I cant play the way I want because the skill bar have so limited space :/

The point of the current lack of slots is to stop players from having skills for 'emergency situations', if not at a notable cost, and to stop players having the variety to cope with every situation, rather than a decent build.

If you were capable of dealing every element of damage and using every curse just as proficiently you wouldn't need to change your tactics as different enemies came along.

And you cast auras then stick a skill in their place.

"
Tiber727 wrote:
I agree.

Say you're a melee class. You may want one single-target skill, one multi-target skill, one ranged skill, one totem skill, one curse skill, and one escape/positioning skill. That's 6 skills already. That's not counting summons, traps/mines, auras (which you can assign temporarily to a skill button outside of combat), charge skills like frenzy/enduring cry, DoT skills, a move only button, etc. These are all useful in different situations. You don't need to go the full MMO skill bar route, but to have so few buttons in a PC-only game seems entirely artificial.

Multi-target/ranged/trap are usually the same thing for most builds. Or you can combine single-target/ranged/trap via Bear trap. And most handle escape/positioning via a Quicksilver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info