CI Spark Totem Templar

Hello welcome, this is a build i have been trying to put together i would appreciate any suggestions!

The Build im going for is to just sit back and let my totems push out the dps while i chill and try to stay alive, i know there are a lot of totem builds but they seem to revolve witch and shadow and i was wanting to do a Templar version.

So far what i have put together i will have these stats from the passives
Spoiler

Keystone
Chaos Inoculation: Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
Ancestral Bond: Can summon up to 1 additional totem
Ancestral Bond: You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself

Stats
+110 to Strength
+320 to Intelligence

Life
22% increased Totem Life

Mana
100% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
24% increased maximum Mana
+20 to maximum Mana

Elemental Damage
41% increased Elemental Damage
Spell Damage
18% increased Spell Damage

Lightning Damage
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage
30% increased Lightning Damage

Resistance
+45% to all Elemental Resistances
+15% to Lightning Resistance
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Cast Speed
6% increased Cast Speed

Armour
104% increased Armour

Energy Shield
217% increased maximum Energy Shield
65% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
20% more Maximum Energy Shield

Critical Strike
110% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
30% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

Misc
22% increased Totem Duration
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies

The Gear:
Early Game - Res-Hp
Mid Game Depending if i rush chaos - Energy shield - Res
Endgame - Energy shield - Res

Skills:
5 Link - Spell totem - Spark - Faster Casting - Fork - Lightning Pent- Increased Crit Damage
3 Link - Reduce Mana - Discipline - Clarity ( wrath if it applies to totems ) if not Purity for Extra Res?
Last edited by DatHillside on May 14, 2013, 4:26:44 AM
I don't know much about CI builds, however I don't understand why you took Pain Attunement, you'll never be on low life..or you're dead. Also are the totems getting all of these stats like crit chance?

Also that shock duration isn't worth taking, and I'd prob take away a few points from your lightning damage and put it that max energy shield row. And you should leave at most 10 points left on your builds.

What auras are you running?
I make music.
Well with CI i was certain that means your always on low life? but i guess i was wrong as i just read about it well, and with the totems im certain they actually get the stats like crit chance etc. i proberly did grab a few extra shock duration nodes than i should of. also i do realise i should take more nodes in energy shield
i would also start with discipline and clarity and most likely purity if i can fit it
I think you are stretched too thin, and a 114 point build is very unrealistic. You either need to be heavily invested into crit, or not invested at all. A few nodes are just wasting points in your skill tree.

Here is a quick 96 point revamp I worked up (approximately level 75):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB_FLAV1xbzF1AabB0UJjwn7SlPLKcsvy0fL505UjowOtg74UNjRtdMLU3YTm1PfVZjWAdY9VnzWitdxl8qYG1mnme9bRlwfXFNdFV8zn5Zf8aAVoFvgh6Cm4aui3qLjIx2jRmPRprPm6GdgJ2uncSePKKjo_KnCKcrqZWsmKyqtQS3MbiTvDfAGsHFwfPDbcae0NDXhtrd3Yzd8-AS4XPi9-Qi6-TsGOw47SDub_Pd98H31_rS

Build summary:

http://www.exilepro.com/build-summary?build=AAAAAgUBAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB_FLAV1xbzF1AabB0UJjwn7SlPLKcsvy0fL505UjowOtg74UNjRtdMLU3YTm1PfVZjWAdY9VnzWitdxl8qYG1mnme9bRlwfXFNdFV8zn5Zf8aAVoFvgh6Cm4aui3qLjIx2jRmPRprPm6GdgJ2uncSePKKjo_KnCKcrqZWsmKyqtQS3MbiTvDfAGsHFwfPDbcae0NDXhtrd3Yzd8-AS4XPi9-Qi6-TsGOw47SDub_Pd98H31_rS

I think it is a good base for a CI spork templar. If you level past 75, you can either invest into crit, grab more energy shield or get damage passives, depending on what you need at that time.
yeah i see what you mean with the shock duration, im just not sure if the best idea is to fully invest in crit, for the build i want to do is similar to fireknights one but spanding from the templar tree seems like it will take a lot of effort, with the one you linked i dont exactly see the need in the life regen and the 8% hp node, i mean i will be grabbing EARLY Hp nodes up near static blows most likely and then when i switch to CI ill refund them. But yeah thanks for pointing a few things out i am very new to this game and this is the first time i have actually tried to string together a build :D i appreciate all input
I took the life regen node because I also took zealot's oath, which converts life regen into energy shield regen. I find it helpful on CI characters if I am not using ghost reaver, but feel free to skip it if you don't want it. Dominion's build eventually reaches the base of the templar tree so it should be viable from a templar start. I personally would keep the shock duration unless/until you get enough crit nodes to make it unnecessary.
Seems like an interesting build, I'll most likely try it in the near future. If possible- could you tell us some early game equipment / additional gems you'd run?
Last edited by databomb on May 14, 2013, 1:43:13 AM
@Dess yeah i understand what you mean

@Data Well i have only just started so far been trying to get a good set of passives to follow early, i will most likely aim for Good Energy Hp and Res gear early i expect a mixture would be fine, ive seen that beartraps are usefull for leveling so i will take advantage of them and also be using freezepulse and spark
and when i can use reduced mana gem, ill throw on auras, not sure what ones yet because the main one discipline might not be as usefull early but clarity for sure
Last edited by DatHillside on May 14, 2013, 4:49:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info