Upcoming Patches

Some expected changes in 0.11.0 are:
  • More party loot allocation options
  • Direct melee buffs
  • Rebalance of monster damage
  • Improved resync code. The scope of this patch doesn't include the more complex changes to the action prediction system, but will hopefully prevent deaths by resyncing more aggressively when needed.
  • Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch.

As mentioned above, this patch is just over two weeks from deployment. I expect we'll be able to share full details closer to the time (as they get locked in).

In the meantime, there will be some interim patches such as 0.10.8b and 0.10.8c which will contain bug fixes, new Unique items and whatever 0.11.0 features are ready for early deployment.

We've also posted an upcoming change to how certain orbs work. We'd like your feedback!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Crossflip wrote:
There will still be fixes in the meantime, right?

Yes, I wrote "In the meantime, there will be some interim patches such as 0.10.8b and 0.10.8c which will contain bug fixes, new Unique items and whatever 0.11.0 features are ready for early deployment."

"
klayveR wrote:
Awesome news, love to see that melee's are getting a buff! But still, no paysafecard support :/

This could be as early as tomorrow, once we get told it's okay to take it live.

"
fatmechanic wrote:
I used to feel that the loot system was the thing that bugged me the most about this game, but right about now its the map system. Its nearly impossible to progress up to the higher maps. Something really needs to be done quikly. But yeah, seems very good this coming .11 patch

I am very happy with the Map system (especially the difficulty to get and stay at high Maps), but I certainly feel that we need to find a solution for high-level experience gain. Maps are intended to be about high-level item acquisition instead. This is something we're working on, but changes to it may not be done in time for the first 0.11.0 release.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
PROguzhan wrote:
This will revive .. or lets say lure more people to play PoE actively :D

We have a lot of active players so I disagree with the term "revive", but I'm certainly looking forward to the big improvements this patch offers. We've been planning it for a while and I'm really glad it's certain enough that we can start to talk about it now.
Last edited by Chris on May 13, 2013, 7:23:39 AM
I should be pretty clear, because people are already expecting this patch to "fix desync" - our goal for the first changes is just that sync problems that would cause death are caught earlier and resynced. Once that is done properly and you're happy with it, the rest is relatively cosmetic and can be added bit by bit as it is tested.

"
Harke wrote:

I dunno.. 1 month ago PoE had like 3500 ppl on twitch, yesterday it had 300.

I have that data too, and it pretty much shows when Kripparian is streaming PoE vs other games!
"
Ursuk wrote:
Will there be a first, major pass on overall performance optimization (preloading skills, minimizing FPS spikes) in that patch Chris? It's been 4 monts since open beta and we still haven't heard any straightforward answer regarding those issues :(

These changes will be in whatever the next patch is when they are ready - we're not holding them off for 0.11.0 or anything. There are a lot of improvements we can make there - some already underway and others that we're waiting for a newly hired additional graphics programmer to get to New Zealand to work on.

"
KarraKurri wrote:
They are not aware of any Radeon and performance issues - they said this in interwiew. You have your answer. :)

This is correct. We have tested Radeon cards and cannot reproduce any Radeon-specific performance issues. Every Radeon user that we have investigated has eventually turned out to have weird settings set in their overall control panel. We don't know what other games are setting these, but it's not something we can control.

If you know of a specific type of Radeon card that causes performance problems with Path of Exile "out of the box" on a clean copy of Windows, please let us know. We will buy one, reproduce the problem and fix it. So far this has not worked out, though!
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
I assume you have sales data. I wonder if you'd humour me - did player activity increase after stash tabs were daily sales? I play less because I have no room to store my loot, and am waiting for a stash tab bundle sale.

The bundles never went on sale, only individual tabs. IIRC, the sale price was not less than the bundle price.

Our daily deals system currently doesn't handle bundles. The typical daily deal price of premium tabs is cheaper than the bundle price (40 points down to 30, where the bundle costs 33.33 per tab on average). I'd love to offer a daily deal of the bundle, it's just a matter of getting it in.
"
Harke wrote:

Still looking for a DEV answer on the core issues i posted. Im sure many people would like straightforward answers on those 3 points i make on page 4. Cherrypicking easy questions to answer is nice and all but it doesn't adress the real problem. Doubt we'll get it because RNG IS the game. Probably be more like "if u don't like it, quit"

I've commented on questions very similar to those three several times recently (I think potentially even within the last couple of hours in the case of the experience one)!

I understand it's hard to follow the amount of posts in the forums, so I'll quickly restate my opinions on those:

"
Harke wrote:

-XP in maps (No Chris, doing 70 maps as lvl 80+ is really no fun, really!)

I completely agree. Maps should be about items rather than mandatory for experience. There are many changes being discussed.
"
Harke wrote:

-RNG (putting +1000 fuse in 1 item & not get a 6L is really no fun!)

It takes more than 1000 on average. There has to be a long term goal with the sockets game, and having six links is that end goal. There are many viable end-game builds that only use four or five linked gems, so having six is a luxury. If it were a lot easier to make six-linked items then there would be no further goals for that part of the crafting system.
"
Harke wrote:

-Making this game a lot more rewarding item and loot wise

I agree with this one as well, but in a different way than you may expect. The problem that causes loot to not feel so rewarding is that crafting is very powerful. Almost all items that people have equipped come from crafting rather than drops. People enjoy crafting items and using their currency to do it, so we're not intending to make crafting weaker. This is definitely a concern we're looking to balance around in the coming months though.

I have to get some sleep now - it was nice chatting.
"
Kvazz wrote:
I just have to ask.
How many devs is there in your team?
You guyes seem to work at such an amazing speed compared to most/all big companies...
I used to think minecraft got patches and good stuff fast a few years ago, but you guyes blow my mind.
Fast and steady patches with high quality updates every time? Awesome!
I'll be stuck checking this game out every now and then for YEARS to come.
Funny how the big companies keep letting us down, but the "small fish" keeps bringing out awesome games.

You can see a fair amount of the team here! It's not quite everyone since GGG has expanded recently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info