Progress after death

Been playing for a couple days now, and I have to say I am really enjoying the game. I just came across something that raised some flags for me. I finally faced the warden for the first time and promptly got my arse kicked (at level 12).

To my dismay, the level before me reset and now I have to find the entrance to wardens level again, all the while fighting my way through mobs I just fought 30 minutes earlier (needed to stop and talk with my wife).

That seems to be something of a steep penalty for a boss fight (on top of the xp loss), and that raises a few more questions. If I, for some crazy reason, cannot find the new wardens level entrance in 15 minutes, does all the damage I have done to him reset. So is beating him basically on a timer and I have to start all over again if I am not fast enough? This could be a bit frustrating for us casual players at higher levels.

But I'm still enjoying the game a lot, so kudos there.

Cheers!
R
"
risingfish wrote:
If I, for some crazy reason, cannot find the new wardens level entrance in 15 minutes, does all the damage I have done to him reset. So is beating him basically on a timer and I have to start all over again if I am not fast enough? This could be a bit frustrating for us casual players at higher levels.

That's right, but it's not really the case at higher level, you obviously will be more powerful at higher level, so will the mobs of course. But that doesn't still stop the players from kicking their ass(eg. more powerful passives, skill gems and gears).
What you can do is pop down a portal before the bosses's rooms and just in general from time to time of playing, in case a rare mob 1 shot you or something.

And there is no XP lost in Normal Difficulty.
Also maps layouts are randomly generated, so you could possible get one that's small, short and/or linear too.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Jul 8, 2012, 11:55:09 PM
"
What you can do is pop down a portal before the bosses's rooms and just in general from time to time of playing, in case a rare mob 1 shot you or something.

Im starting to think that this should be a load screen hint.
Or enjoy the chance to get more drops as you clear again. I died to warden my first attempt too. Would be awfully nice if my zombies would come with me through portals. There's nothing to kill and raise from in the waren's area. Anyway, I got my first gemcutters prism and a good rare 2H maul for my noob marauder on the way back. At least I think it looks like it will be usable. >.>
Unavailable
Open beta is still BETA.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Some people call the use of portals like that cheating.

I don't & drop regular portals every so often ... just in case.

It's also very helpful when in parties in case someone gets seperated or killed.
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
Last edited by Illysio_Nightstar on Jul 9, 2012, 12:26:22 AM
Yeah, I was able to through the second time. With a few additional rares as well. So, I guess it'll slow down progression again, but as long as loot is fairly easy to come by, it won't be time wasted.
Unavailable
I nabbed a portal gem so I could drop portals at will whenever I'm grinding in an area I know is going to be a bit above my skill level ;)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"

Anyone who calls that cheating is a few cards short of a deck.
I dunno... I've heard there is afterlife, but all my characters have chosen the true death instead.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
RavenousRaven wrote:
"

Anyone who calls that cheating is a few cards short of a deck.

I bet the missing cards are hidden in their sleeves instead.

The hypocrites =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info