general feeling? holy shit...

To update my previous post...as soon as I got the second reply from my friends i upgraded to Bronze woot! now to my reply to StevoCPP

I would say in response to you Hats in TF2, unless I'm remembering this wrong Valve started solely with Hats and then after awhile added more things to buy. I would easily spend money to make my hero look different (not just because I already have 500 coins lol)
Here is a short list of things they could do (some mentioned by them)

Change Sex
Change Default outfit
Make a character creator a la Skyrim (where you control everything)
Change colors/models of your items
Change Item names (I.E. Kalanon's Healthy Rawhide Gloves of Collecting) prob would use that on an item I made awesome over the course of many craftings
Spell effects
Attack animations
Enemy skins/animations/effects
Pets! not just Kiwi's, also decorations for your pets...
Guilds, and various things that will allow you to easily participate/identify yourself with that guild.

As long as it doesn't give you an advantage in-game it's fair game.
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi
"
schitzoflink wrote:
To update my previous post...as soon as I got the second reply from my friends i upgraded to Bronze woot! now to my reply to StevoCPP

I would say in response to you Hats in TF2, unless I'm remembering this wrong Valve started solely with Hats and then after awhile added more things to buy. I would easily spend money to make my hero look different (not just because I already have 500 coins lol)
Here is a short list of things they could do (some mentioned by them)

Change Sex
Change Default outfit
Make a character creator a la Skyrim (where you control everything)
Change colors/models of your items
Change Item names (I.E. Kalanon's Healthy Rawhide Gloves of Collecting) prob would use that on an item I made awesome over the course of many craftings
Spell effects
Attack animations
Enemy skins/animations/effects
Pets! not just Kiwi's, also decorations for your pets...
Guilds, and various things that will allow you to easily participate/identify yourself with that guild.

As long as it doesn't give you an advantage in-game it's fair game.

Don't forget the most awesome purchasable item:

Leagues! If they market it right, and provide enough editable settings, they could seriously produce a huge following.

I imagine a "reddit league," attracting 300+ players, $5 a pop, every week! Creates nice income and a product people want.

That is one example. I can only imagine all the "I came from d3" leagues! ;)
Last edited by lurker541 on Jul 8, 2012, 6:16:41 PM
"
lurker541 wrote:

Leagues! If they market it right, and provide enough editable settings, they could seriously produce a huge following.

I imagine a "reddit league," attracting 300+ players, $5 a pop, every week! Creates nice income and a product people want.

But wouldn't that affect the game itself? Can you take characters from one league to another? if not than it's a great idea. As long as everyone has a level playing field, regardless of how much they spend, then it's not P2W.
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi
"
schitzoflink wrote:
"
lurker541 wrote:

But wouldn't that affect the game itself? Can you take characters from one league to another? if not than it's a great idea. As long as everyone has a level playing field, regardless of how much they spend, then it's not P2W.

Characters are locked to the league they are created in.
That's not true.

A few of the experienced hard core players have figured out some tricks to move a character from the hard core league to the default league.
"
RavenousRaven wrote:
That's not true.

A few of the experienced hard core players have figured out some tricks to move a character from the hard core league to the default league.

:DD good one mate
"
Geldric wrote:
"
Aurinax87 wrote:
Just goes to show how extremely lucrative the F2P + Cosmetic/convenience only cash shop (emphasis on cosmetic/convenience only) can really be.

Type /online in game and even during primetime on a saturday there are around 900 accounts online. Assuming even just half of those are supporters, they've made a beautiful and incredible game with long-term playability on a FRACTION of the budget that some... ahem... other similar-genre games had.

Other developers should take a look at this pay model, and realize that if they make a game for the fans and for the players, the money WILL come.

I normally lurk... but I've got to correct you here... GGG is so far in the red that 1000 more diamond supporters would barely maek a dent. Once I find the thread I'll link to it but suffice to say that they have one (or more) lucrative financiers... <- which is also very troubling... what happens when the money runs out???

Edit: to the OP: my thoughts exactly, this game rocks and is super enjoyable to play

Personally, I think it's a bad move to make this game F2P. Your point on what happens when the money runs out couldn't be more on the money (no pun intended). Also, my experience tells me that the type of clientel you attract (aka: cheap bastards with a strong sense of entitlement) will eventually destroy the community. It's already so bad that I can't play with global chat on, I can't imagine what the game will be like when it moves to open beta.

I'm strongly considering eventually becoming a diamond supporter but won't until I see how things pan out.

Would love to see separate leagues as well, the default for all the cheap bastards and one for the supporters.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
"
Dhrakken wrote:
"
Geldric wrote:
"
Aurinax87 wrote:
Just goes to show how extremely lucrative the F2P + Cosmetic/convenience only cash shop (emphasis on cosmetic/convenience only) can really be.

Type /online in game and even during primetime on a saturday there are around 900 accounts online. Assuming even just half of those are supporters, they've made a beautiful and incredible game with long-term playability on a FRACTION of the budget that some... ahem... other similar-genre games had.

Other developers should take a look at this pay model, and realize that if they make a game for the fans and for the players, the money WILL come.

I normally lurk... but I've got to correct you here... GGG is so far in the red that 1000 more diamond supporters would barely maek a dent. Once I find the thread I'll link to it but suffice to say that they have one (or more) lucrative financiers... <- which is also very troubling... what happens when the money runs out???

Edit: to the OP: my thoughts exactly, this game rocks and is super enjoyable to play

Personally, I think it's a bad move to make this game F2P. Your point on what happens when the money runs out couldn't be more on the money (no pun intended). Also, my experience tells me that the type of clientel you attract (aka: cheap bastards with a strong sense of entitlement) will eventually destroy the community. It's already so bad that I can't play with global chat on, I can't imagine what the game will be like when it moves to open beta.

I'm strongly considering eventually becoming a diamond supporter but won't until I see how things pan out.

Would love to see separate leagues as well, the default for all the cheap bastards and one for the supporters.

Actually I love Global Chat. If you don't take it personally it can be fun at times.
And when playing D3 I really missed global chat from PoE

Hard not to take being called a faggot for no reason other than trying to offer helpful advice personally.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info