Sadly realised my build sucks, give up and start over?

My build:

My gear:
Spoiler

Basically I got no idea what I can do with my build right now other than try to get more life. I keep dying in maps and losing all my experience putting me a dead end. I've made an ele hit bow templar using EE and EB, I have arctic armour constantly on as well as 5 auras, but only 2k life at level 74. I use put down decoy totem, cast molten shell for armour, curse with EW and then go to town. Sadly this doesn't stop me from getting hit by a stray rhoa and ending up deaded. 3400 eva, 1800 armour with molten, 8000 with granite, 13000 with flasks extra armour.

What I could do is try to get a high attack speed physical wand so I can replace the quiver with a shield, helping me not die. Though even without the thicket bow I'm gonna need 153 dex to be able to use level 20 elehit, grace and haste and the light quiver is giving me 55 by itself, amulet 22. Without the quiver and amulet I have 104 from passives meaning unless I get a boatload of dex on gear, I'm stuck with the dex passives. If I take a wand instead of the thicket, I'll still need 51 dex from gear to use gems, which isn't a huge saving.

Though I think the root of all my problems might be from taking eldritch battery instead of blood magic. With it, my max mana with gear, passives, discipline and clarity gives me a max mana of 2472 and a regen of 239. Without it I would have 512 base ES that's no longer going to my mana, though with clarity my regen goes to 130.

With haste my aps is 2.81, no frenzies. With frenzies 3.07. My elehit costs 60 mana at level 17, so I'm spending 168 mana/s, plus 38 at standstill from AA at level 15 to a total of 206. So I guess I kinda messed up. I could have instead taken blood magic with a life leech gem and ended up without needing to take all those mana regen passives had I started with a marauder.

To make a longass post short:

Will getting better gear with life rolls be enough to make my build useable, or am I fucked?
Should I try to reroll the colours on my chest to be able to replace the item quality with a mana leech?
Should I try starting over with a marauder and blood magic so I can avoid using ES gear and end up with more life but no AA or auras?
Sell my house for a 6 link so I can have blood magic and life leech to use elehit without all the mana regen gear?

If you've actually read this far or at least the above questions then thanks a ton. Any help I can get to make my build halfway decent would be greatly appreciated. Like, super duper appreciated. Super!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Where to start !

Your passive tree has too many points spent wrong.

Just some minor tweaks on the left side only in the passive tree and you end up
with more dex and more es=mana and more armor also.

Just messing around with the tree and got something like this.

93 points as you.But again two many respec points/orbs of regret.
If you have both you can do it.
Then you can head down to shadow area and pick up Arcing Blows and some good
nodes there also.

As far your equipment is concerned it's completely wrong.
You're trying to play an elemental archer and your equipment has nothing to do with it.
You need equipment like this

and whatever equipment gives you properties ''adds x-y whatever elemental damage''
but mostly lighnting since you're trying to create some shocks.
Frenzy would need a WED support gem also.
As for skills you could try some different ones to see which fits you better.
There are plenty of bow skills.Imo with your build you should just go with elemental hit
as your single target and LA with LMP for aoe since you've taken Static Blows.

One of your biggest mistakes is auras also.I don't see Wrath or Anger anywhere on your equipment.Imo go with Clarity,Discipline,Purity,Wrath,Anger at first and if you have
any mana left put Grace/Determination which suits you best.

Yes you are right you need any life you can get on your equipment and I'd advise you to
make a transition in equipment and wear some AR/ES since you benefit more from your passives.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on May 11, 2013, 2:25:29 PM
If I have elemental damage on gear or from auras then I'll always be dealing damage of more than one element with every hit, severly hurting the usability of elemental equailibrium. I need to deal only 1 element per hit so that there's a 66% chance of dealing 50% extra damage with the next. Using EE and having 3 elements from gear would mean every one of my attacks is causing the monster to become resistant to every element. If it wasn't for this when I would be using wrath and ele damage on gear.

Also the passive skill changes are interesting, I didn't realise I was wasting points going from inner force to celestial like that. However taking the inner path to the witchs starting area is useless cause I have no ES so ES recovery cooldown is useless, while taking 3 intelligence nodes is equal to 6% ES and 15 base mana which is of more use imo. I'm also not going towards arcing blows cause I need to take every nearby life node: finishing up the marauder area, taking the ones in the witch starting area then the ones near the chaos resist nodes.

Taking precision instead of the 2 dex nodes in the witch area is a good idea though, same with filling up the armour and ES nodes, thanks a lot for that!
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on May 11, 2013, 3:14:20 PM
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on May 11, 2013, 3:26:47 PM
Was thinking more like this

I just realised that once I can get arcane focus I'll be able to retire some mana regen gear such as goldwyrm, letting me get boots with life, resist and +dex, letting me respec more passives. Hopefully I can do this all alongside switching to a wand and shield. Things are looking up! Thanks man.
Glad to help !

I think you can still use a bow.
Just ditch EE and have frenzy or elemental hit with added lightning damage
for single target and have LA with LMP for AoE.
Way easier gameplay.
Cast conductivity/elemental weakness and shock things till they die.

Also if you switch to a wand and shield with Resolute Technique you can use
Power Siphon as an attack but you won't gain from it.Since it provides power charges
on kill and you can't have criticals with your tree.
But if you respec RT you'll have some serious accuracy issues.
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on May 12, 2013, 8:48:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info