beta vs release - wait or play now?

I just found out about this game from the d3 forums, and it looks awesome. Where d3 went with 0 character customization, PoE looks to have some of the most in depth character building I've seen. Throw in all the other goodies like custom leagues and end game content, and I'm sold.

Since I'll be trying this game no matter what, should I sign up for beta, or wait another month or 2 for open beta or release?

My main concern if I play it now is that i play it out and get bored with it before its even finished. However, if the game is already awesome in its current beta, I wouldnt mind playing through development. I just dont want to ruin the fruit by eating it before its ripe.

What do you guys think, play or wait?

Any advice from new or old beta players is appreciated.
I'd say wait until open beta, they'll be introducing another act and a new end game (maps), and doing a character wipe pre-open beta. So you'll feel a lot better if you don't lose anything that you've just started enjoying.
Im not really worried about wipes through developement. Im more worried about a lack of content or quality.
"
suburban wrote:
Im not really worried about wipes through developement. Im more worried about a lack of content or quality.

In that case, you clearly should wait til Open at minimum. Realistically if you want the full game you should wait til release around Christmas or 2013 Q1.

You seem more interested in a full game than testing it so that it's all it can be for release.
wait. the game is not close to remotly being ready yet, theres still quite a few minor bugs, and the content as is, i think isnt enough for release yet. we dont want another TOG
support - grinding gear games, cdprojekt, runic games, clockstone, larian studios, south peak games, crate entertainment, invision games (on facebook), localize dragonquest anniversery (facebook).
if your interested in content and quality, then you should try the closed beta. of course its a just a taste of whats to come, but i just payed $10 and played it for 4 days and i gotta say it was worth the money. currently i am kind of waiting though because i dont want to level my char just to get it wiped, im just that kind of guy. if u were to rent a ps3 game from a store you would probly get the alot less value for money.
If you want to play a fun game, play it now. Been playing for over a year, not bored.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
If you want to play a fun game, play it now. Been playing for over a year, not bored.

Same. Just haven't been playing quite as long, somewhere around 9-10 months myself.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

If you want to familiarize yourself with mechanics it might be a good idea to play. The current amount of content is entertaining, but more is definitely needed (and on it's way). Personally, I'm just playing around with different builds to see what is viable or not.

It might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the
passive tree, to avoid making a real mistake and having to reroll or orb your entire tree lol.
seeing the 2 posts about playing 9 months and a year and still not bored, i decided to get beta access. Cant wait to see you all in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info