Shadow: I take it back

lvl 49 melee ele dmg shadow now.
Flickerstrike most of the time, doing 3k dps,CI, 50% evade chance 42% block chance, and 1200ES. Using Grace, Discipline and Bloodrage for buffs. Enfeeble for debuff.
Still very glass cannon, but I don't get hit often, and when I do, i can GTFO with whirling blades and recharge ES quickly.
The occasional one shot due to carelessness.

I was pretty down on Shadow at low level. and I sorta still stick by that it's pretty rough at first. ( but aren't all " classes"?)

Very fun, high dps, fun to min max ( relatively complex stat priorities).
I'll be going after Catalyze in 2 more levels ( can't wait), then back for more ES.

/thumbs up
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 6, 2012, 4:04:55 PM
Yep, melee shadow is awesome. The ES mechanics give it a "hit and run" rogueish vibe that is hard to get in games like these.

My first character was similar to what you're describing, only physical damage rather than elemental, and using Frost Wall to create enclosures to easily pick off specific targets.

But yes, it's a blast to get into the fray as a Shadow.
CI with only 1200 ES? Seems like you'd be better off not getting CI at that point. That said, before I get CI on an ES build, the chaos damage (getting poisoned, etc) drives me crazy...
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 6, 2012, 4:26:23 PM
"
TehHammer wrote:
CI with only 1200 ES? Seems like you'd be better off not getting CI at that point. That said, before I get CI on an ES build, the chaos damage (getting poisoned, etc) drives me crazy...

Agreed. You should easily have more than 400 HP at your level, you'd have a more effective buffer if you refunded CI.
TehHammer is not a crime!
180s like this always make me smile.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
TehHammer wrote:

I'm 48, In ruthless.
It's a nonissue. 2 more levels, I'll have Catalyze, then I'll go back for more ES which is really not even off the path :P. I could inside of 3 skill points have another 300 ES.

I'm a pretty cleaver guy. I think I'd be able to tell if my effective health( ES) was indeed too low. It's not. A skeleton archer hits me for 1/8 or so if and when they actually even land a hit. A hard hitting trash mob hits me for 1/5th if that.
A elite can 2-3 shot me, but that's why I use enfeeble, and get ready to whirling blades out.

I can take roughly 3 hits from the elite large rock ele monsters in Old fields for example. But I take one run away, regen ES in all of 2 seconds, and go back in to finish him off.
Running away if I'm not full is a good plan, cuz a crit might be enough to kill me :P
You're not supposed to stand there taking hits anyways.

I'm more concerned with ranged mobs than melee. But generally I 1 shot everything zipping around flicker striking.

More ES is to come, and this is only gonna get better :P
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 6, 2012, 9:49:06 PM
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:

Agreed. You should easily have more than 400 HP at your level, you'd have a more effective buffer if you refunded CI.

Not against Chaos damage I wouldn't. And 400HP is literally about all I had when I went CI. HP+ non CI ES would leave me at around the same EH, but not immune to chaos damage.

I know I took CI pretty early in my ES pool, but like I said, I'm a hop skip and a jump away from about 1/3 more ES, and I'm not pushing for Merciless yet. Taking it easy, hoping for a better weapon ( which is tough it seems cuz my current one is so darn good).

Edit: pushing for Merciless now. Chamber of sins was only frustrating because I died, and forgot to lay a town portal down before hand.

Could have started much sooner, but I wanted to slow down, and get Arcane focus.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 7, 2012, 3:12:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info