Is there a way to pause the game?

Sometimes I don't have time to finish an area in one sitting and want to pause it and come back and finish it later. Is there a way to do that?
No, there is no pause.

You can set a portal and go to town; that will last for about 8-15 minutes before the instance is reset. Or, you can clear the area and idle in the instance. I wouldn't suggest idling if you're not sure of your safety, as monsters wander around and will probably find you.

The best option is to get to the next waypoint as fast as you can.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Find a safe spot and hope you don't die before you get back to your computer. Mobs that are a certain distance away from you don't have their AI "turned on" so you don't have to worry about things from half the map away coming and finding you. Just clear the area around you, backtrack a little, and you should be good.
TehHammer is not a crime!
This game is always online. Can you pause Guild Wars? The point is that if you were in a party, anyone could walk into your instance. How would a pause function in such a system?

And would global chat keep prattling on while the game is paused? Pausing in online games just doesn't work. Get some portal scrolls or use the waypoints to get back to town. You're never that far from a WP.
"
The point is that if you were in a party, anyone could walk into your instance. How would a pause function in such a system?

The pause would only work when you aren't partied.
"
And would global chat keep prattling on while the game is paused? Pausing in online games just doesn't work.
Nonsense, of course it does. I can pause a game of Starcraft or Dota 2 or any number of other things played online. I can pause Diablo 3 if I'm not partied (that may be a recent addition to the game?). Now I understand if GGG's game is built in such a way that makes implementing a pause non-trivial at this time, but there is no fundamental conflict between being online and pausing the game.
Sorry but online games shouldn't been paused it is against the concept in general i think.
It's not like the areas are that big that you should be able to pause it anyway.
"
cealis wrote:
Sorry but online games shouldn't been paused it is against the concept in general i think.

What concept is that?
A pause feature would be really nice to have. Make the pause be enabled when it's solo, disable it when it's public. Diablo 3 did something right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info