Assessing the Bandit quest: Post your last 4 skill points

Firstly I'd like to thank "Dushan" for helping me understand so much more about the game. His build really helped me survive Hardcore. I was always building silly "Glass Cannons" in hardcore.

Regarding the passive/Bandit stat rewards:
As has been stated earlier in this thread, your choice is going to depend much on your build. For example - a Chaos Inoculation build will not need anything "Life" related but could benefit from "Mana" and "resistance". At the same time a CI build may even NEED those extra passive points to reach the CI passive. Duellist, Marauder and Templar being very far away from CI.

The point I think most people often miss is that the stats you get from the Bandis is added to your characters Base stats. Most of the passives only add a % of the base stats to the mix.

Now this is where I respectfully differ from what Dushan said above. When you build your character you are constantly looking to improve your gear with a huge variety of specific "prefix's". Finding that one item with huge life, incredible attack speed, resistances, life steal, crit damage, ..........etc. becomes really hard. By taking either the "Life" from Oak or the "Mana" from Akira you can easily improve your "odds" to find equipment that will meet your needs.

In conclusion: Your build will dictate the choice you need to make regarding the Bandit rewards.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm BACK :)
I'm still not quite sure on allres, I might just take that every time in OB to see how much of an impact it really makes.
Why don't the seasons fear the reaper?
There's no doubt the four rewards all are really good.

I've chosen skill points on all my 4 characters, because even though I've considered the 8 AllRes, I just really like skillpoints.

The only place there's really a "right or wrong" is in the Hardcore league, where wrong means you're dead.
Hardcore would also (I'm assuming, and with the exception of CI) sport a lot of life increasing passives, making increased base health really, really good.

However, for those of us who aren't mortal, flexibility and a possible corpserun can feel like the best choice.

Tbh, I might justify it with logic in hindsight but the true reason I take passives over the other three is because it gives me a greater sense of progression, just like getting passives from the other quests does.

Trailing from a CI branch and over to the Templar area is a chore :P

Always a skill point here.
Playing POE since 0.9.0
It would be a bit easier to decide if we saw our health broken down into 2 stats: Base HP / + HP % / Total HP.

I'm going with HP right now on my Sword/Board Marauder that is going for Blood Magic.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
I usually get the resists. My thinking being, if there was a passive skill point in the tree that was +8% to resist all in my path, I would grab it without hesitation.
"
glockenrock wrote:
I usually get the resists. My thinking being, if there was a passive skill point in the tree that was +8% to resist all in my path, I would grab it without hesitation.

I do the same. 32% natural resist is basically (almost) getting me half way home (to 75%). I'll gladly give away 4 skill points for that. It's not like those 4 skill points are going to give you two Diamond Skins.
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Last edited by ac429 on Jul 12, 2012, 8:03:32 PM
i would like to adress the fact that oak seems like he is not a bad dude and he argues for peace. it would make sense the devs make his bonus secretly better than the other 3 :D plus eramir says you are a horrible person for causing the darkness and praises you when you do something good you dont have to feel that bad about betraying him because he has the long term memory of a goldfish
IGN- Isiander
"
ac429 wrote:
"
glockenrock wrote:

I do the same. 32% natural resist is basically (almost) getting me half way home (to 75%). I'll gladly give away 4 skill points for that. It's not like those 4 skill points are going to give you two Diamond Skins.

You need a lot more than 75% in Merci, so it's not really halfway there, but it's still a good amount though.

I think a case can be made for health, skillpoints or resists, I find mana to be extremely lacking however due to various different issues.

In general the mana nodes will give more especially on int heavy characters and if you're not int heavy you're probably going to have to use bloodmagic to use skills with multiple supports even if you were to take the mana rewards. Then if you really want stupid amounts of mana, you have Eldritch Battery which gives like so much mana you can run almost every aura in the game anyway and still have enough to spam a 6L spell. There's a lot more viable options for mana while the mana reward is lower in comparison to the others.

Doesn't make much sense to me that you can get 45health or 30mana when mana is overall less valuable than health anyway. Should get at least 45mana, and probably 60 would be a better number to make it an attractive choice.
A wild necro appears!
Oh, I remember back when life passives were 6% on average. Those were good times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info