Assessing the Bandit quest: Post your last 4 skill points

"
brgillespie wrote:
"
RavenousRaven wrote:
I haven't read this thread in detail but i do not recall the word "wrong" being thrown around.

There will always be more optimum ways to do things, and keeping this in the back of my mind as i read your comment makes it humorous.
Cool story.

"
implied past participle, past tense of im·ply
Verb:

Strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated): "the report implies that two million jobs might be lost".
I haven't read this thread in detail but i do not recall the word "implied" being thrown around.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Last edited by TheRabbit303 on Jul 9, 2012, 3:30:43 PM
Just because you infer something doesn't mean it was actually implied :)
"
RavenousRaven wrote:
:)

"
TheInternet wrote:
se·man·tics
n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. Linguistics The study or science of meaning in language.
2. Linguistics The study of relationships between signs and symbols and what they represent. Also called semasiology.
3. The meaning or the interpretation of a word, sentence, or other language form: We're basically agreed; let's not quibble over semantics.
Back to what this thread was about (OP's request):
"
0nin wrote:

Therefore! Post me the sum of the LAST 4 Passive skills you learned, and tell me whether that was better or worse than +180 health (or +120 mana or +32 resistance, I don't discriminate :3)

First answering the request:
I am going to spent my last passives in critical bonuses, atack speed, bow/projectile damage and on those +10's on a way to get to them.

I'm lvl 63 atm and if I would be provided with 20 more skill points I would know where to invest them rigt away. So for me 4 skill points do make a significant difference.
I'm playing Hard Core, so I need some survivability for sure, but I took care of that by taking havy life enchanted equipment.
My build:
Spoiler

passive skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIAA8XgawbARM8I23LXDfBgBQ6VdH4SaA_HFBUkVxRS-QgUgyuTFYXwZRYUHE4WsGJ3Fs0jlBmzd5kh2i9lJSEJNybA84kneaQNLC7RhzEtIjQzGYXCM4FEtjP9-x824PjQO5DIZEG8slpCTNa8RMYy6UW1UPlIWfzzSRoXf0ncmRBXb9w-XUd2R17EhHFg8NatZKZQtGw0FlJtBxL5cYQpHHPvG9yE1xwShn0psowqiHaRIv9UljqmtJecw4mYqtp_nTAhOp3CjJejgYMTqQp_PKnumV2p_ufQsEvyZbT2VeG2RguQtwgLCbikJV27jPTnwIiSycRDEMnHP9CkyCP0YMrc3BneoK9N4CAnKeDBFyDsKqqv7fZ5FvcjILn4-yDI_vx_Dg==

as you can see, there is a lot of critical damage or chance points nearby I can invest to.
Also having 10 skills to reach Acceleration (12%ias +30dex)
or 9 for Berserking (15% ias) would be lovely

And as you can see here, I dont need passive +45 life's with this equip that is havily life focused:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

You should posted your tree so we can have a look and suggest you where to invest.
Last edited by Dushan on Jul 10, 2012, 4:33:33 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
With any kind of ranged build I always pick extra point. With marauder I pick extra point because he go so many passives around his starting point that are about survivability I don't need +45 HP.

But my current Blood Magic melee Shadow build lacks good +HP% passives around starting position so I need those +45 HP (especially since I also use it to attack) rewards.

What I find as a problem are other two rewards (mana and resistances). Mana would be useful only for some crazy auras build and resistances are not really useful at all at the moment. If they also gave 8% to chaos resistance or also moved max resistances by 1 or 2% they could be

Last edited by Torin on Jul 10, 2012, 4:35:37 AM
Ravenous and Rabbit are hilarious. They spend a page stating how it's wrong to choose the passive points...

"
Rabbit wrote:

If you're a Marauder, Duelist, Templar, Ranger, Shadow, or Witch that isn't going to pick up Chaos Inoculation, doesn't use ranged attacks, and isn't in Hardcore, than your reasoning is sound.

If any of the above isn't true, it's better to pick the HP bonus, for the reasons mentioned above.

"
Ravenous wrote:

ITT: People not understanding the importance of HP.

...and then post a bunch of crap about how they weren't "implying" anything.
You can clearly see all i stated is the thread was rife with a lack of understanding how important base hp is. When accused of saying that taking anything else was "wrong", i disagreed. Again, just because YOU INFERRED that i was saying only the hp was correct, it does not mean i said it, or implied it (indeed i did neither).

Also it cracks me up that you're calling me out on semantics given the context.

ITT: People misquoting and a general lack of comprehension.

At first i thought i would like the skill points more. But after playing for a bit i realised that the +30 mana (for witch) is actually much better.
"
FateAnomaly wrote:
At first i thought i would like the skill points more. But after playing for a bit i realised that the +30 mana (for witch) is actually much better.

I don't see how it is better unless you go for some crazy minions+ many auras build.

Lategame one +30 mana pales in comparisonto %mana boost passives, which give 50-80 points mostly. (Assuming 700+ mana)
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info