0.10.8 Patch Deployed and Other News

We have support for Paysafecard (a German payment method) working and are just waiting for the final go-ahead to turn it on - hopefully early next week!

We also have an Australian Path of Exile gateway (connected to the rest of the worldwide realm) in testing and will probably turn it on for public testing next week as well. This will hopefully also offer much better performance for New Zealand.

There are two fansites that have written in and asked to me mentioned in the news - www.Pathofexile.fr (French) and www.pathofexilegame.pl (Polish). Thanks very much for supporting our community's fansites - it's great to see so much localisation of the news going on.

We aren't planning to post any daily news over the weekend, but I'll be around and if anything awesome comes up, you'll hear about it :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
greenv wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
What happened to the money problems with an Australian server? You don't seem financially irresponsible enough to shell out the 200-fold costs; what happened?

Also a note about non-American gateways: Instance loads take distinctly longer if you join through the Singapore or European gateway.

i would say the change is amazon opening up their sydney data centre
this then makes the PoE instance availability on ec2:
- USA (N. Virginia, Oregan, N. California)
- South America (Sao Paulo)
- Europe (Ireland)
- Asia (Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney)
where previously most asia/pacific traffic would have gone to the Singapore gateway, it can instead be served via Sydney gateway
so if there are enough people in russia interested in low latency, maybe the GGG guys should fire up some instances via the Tokyo gateway

Your explanation would perfect explain it - except that we don't use Amazon/EC2 for our game servers :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info