pvp?

wondering what the pvp is going to be like in this:
like diablo 2?
or arena pvp like 3?
Both. In the Cut-throat league for instance, PvP will be enabled by default. Not sure how it will work in the other leagues. There will be PvP tourneys as well.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
Can anyone help me? I have a question "In what league pvp is available" PM me pls.
I still have difficulty imagining how cut throat will work. I suppose it will be instanced to hell, otherwise nobody will get past the terraces.
"
xxnoob wrote:
I still have difficulty imagining how cut throat will work. I suppose it will be instanced to hell, otherwise nobody will get past the terraces.
I think the instances will be public though... but perhaps they will have level restrictions. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they run a short cut-throat ladder. I have a feeling that certain restrictions will be necessary to make it work, but if they add too many restrictions it will end up going against the concept of cut-throat. Either way, I'll have fun watching from a distance :-)
If you go on cut-throat hardcore and die, does it remove you from cut-throat too or just hardcore?
even more basic, how do you join a pvp game
I do hope they implement an Arena Style, Cut-throat is great don't get me wrong, to give players a chance to make PvP an integral part of the game is awesome.

but I would also love to pit against players in fair 1v1(or more) circumstances, in a controlled enviroment.

Rather then trying to ambush players with weakened gear sets strictly in Cutthroat.

Edit:

Ah stumbled across it with arena confirmation;

"
tpapp157 wrote:
Each league will have different rules regarding PvP. The Default League only allows PvP in arenas. The Cutthroat League on the other hand allows PvP anywhere. You can choose whichever league you want.
Last edited by Neokolzia on May 6, 2012, 12:18:17 PM
"
chair1 wrote:
If you go on cut-throat hardcore and die, does it remove you from cut-throat too or just hardcore?

When you die in Cutthroat HC you will be sent to the parent Cutthroat non-hc league.

"
even more basic, how do you join a pvp game

Aside from cutthroat league, we don't know how we will be taking our characters to the arena. I'm thinking by npc, wp, or something similar.

On the subject of arenas, we don't know much about them. GGG has said in the past that they will be randomized levels and that they would like to reward people for winning pvp battles. (possible pvp only loot?)

This means there will probably be a match-making system to prevent abuse, but I think we can count on having our own off the record custom pvp battles vs friends or wacky 5 vs 1 battles.
<Dregs of Theopolis>
~US Eastern~

*Hardcore PoE fan since September 2, 2010*
I'm burning a candle into the Gods a War Pvp Church to see some pvp fight in a futur patch ! 0,99 maybe ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info