HC Dualist Bow Puncture Build v0.2 [Feedback is wellcome]

Hi, I'm planing to do a Dualist Bow Puncture Build in Hardcore.

Build

Build
Build Progress
TBD

Gems
Gems
Puncture: Puncture + LMP + Pierce + Chance To Flee + Chance to crit + Increase crit damage
Auras: Haste, Grace, Determination, Hatred (Maybe purity if needed)
Curse: Projectile Weakness (Before), Vulnerability (After)
Totem: Decoy/Shockwave(During early levels), Ranged Attack Totem + Split Arrow + Knockback + CTF

How to Play
Playstyle
The idea is to utilize a high physical damage bow and stack up crit chance and damage, then make the mobs run around with CTF, Totem and kiting. For bossfights Just remove the LMP or go with frenzy as single target DPS. I have opted out of Wrath and Anger since Puncture DOT only rely on phys and the manapool is better used for other auras/skills.

Version History
0.1: Initial Version
0.2: Removed a bunch of resistance nodes in favor for more life/life-regen

Working on an updated version using other gems and nodes in the passive tree.
NOT UPDATED FOR 0.11.0
Last edited by SpaceOgre on Jun 21, 2013, 6:18:36 AM
BUMP
Sounds pretty cool, I've always been looking for a way to make Puncture work on its own.

For curses, curse them before shooting with Proj Weak, then after they're bleeding, curse them with Vulnerability to increase the damage of the DoT.
Bear in mind that with Puncture, you can't really 'stack' the bleeding. Only the highest DPS bleed will actually hurt the monster.

With that in mind, Fork/Chain/LMP will let you hit everything quicker, but they will really eat into your bleed damage. I'd drop Fork/Chain and use Pierce (no damage penalty).

For support, you could throw in a ranged attack totem with Knockback and Chance to Flee - use it to keep enemies at bay without letting them stand still. Decoy Totem and Skele totem are great defensively but they're not very good at getting your enemies to run around.
"
spaph wrote:
For curses, curse them before shooting with Proj Weak, then after they're bleeding, curse them with Vulnerability to increase the damage of the DoT.

This could work nicely, but it might be more efficient to just shot another volley of puncture on regular mobs but on bosses it might be really good.

"
Incompetent wrote:
With that in mind, Fork/Chain/LMP will let you hit everything quicker, but they will really eat into your bleed damage. I'd drop Fork/Chain and use Pierce (no damage penalty).

For support, you could throw in a ranged attack totem with Knockback and Chance to Flee - use it to keep enemies at bay without letting them stand still. Decoy Totem and Skele totem are great defensively but they're not very good at getting your enemies to run around.

Good suggestions will alter my first post with your feedback. I especially like the Ranged Attack Totem, hadn't thought about that.
If you're going to heavily rely on CTF for CC/survivability, just keep in mind that magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing, while rare/unique monsters are immune.

Good luck with it, looks interesting regardless.
"
Hojirozame wrote:
If you're going to heavily rely on CTF for CC/survivability, just keep in mind that magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing, while rare/unique monsters are immune.

Thanks for the tip, din't know that so you saved me from an unexpected surprise later. I was actually just planing to use it to force mobs to move around with the DOT on for more damage.
Puncture is a support gem so I thought you can't jus sick it in with no actual skill?
Puncture is skill, pierce is support. Commonly confused.

My only thing with this build. How will you maintain your life pool? You'll only have like 2.5% life regen, 4% if you run vitality. Which isn't bad. But you'll be relying heavily on life pots in maps I think.

Would consider swaping chance to flee in your main link with life leech or life on hit since you're putting chance to flee on a totem.
twitch.tv/JeremyDwayne
youtube.com/JeremyDwayne
Hmm kinda interesting idea..
But about your build you have too many resists nodes + not enough HP if you wanna play at HC.
-Also it will be hard for you to handle your puncture with these all support gems, without mana leech or Blood magic gem/BM in passive.
-Pick Alchemist node in your build, its good node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info