7 aura EB Ele Cleave build, 30k dps easy, 40k+ possible!

Less than you. I'm doing an eldritch battery variation of the build, so I only have like 2k armor without granite. I'm at about 4k HP.

I do have 5 endurance charges, and it sounds like you only have 3. I also have level 15 arctic armor running permanently, 'cause EB gives me the mana to do it. I don't run AA in mana maps, and I don't have problems being stunlocked there either, so don't worry about the difference that might make.
"
Less than you. I'm doing an eldritch battery variation of the build, so I only have like 2k armor without granite. I'm at about 4k HP.

I do have 5 endurance charges, and it sounds like you only have 3. I also have level 15 arctic armor running permanently, 'cause EB gives me the mana to do it. I don't run AA in mana maps, and I don't have problems being stunlocked there either, so don't worry about the difference that might make.

What do you think of this?
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwEswVbDH0OrRB_EdUUTRR1FSAWbxmFGjgb-h0UJKol3yftKaUqTSzpMok1hjbpOrM64TwFPC0_J0bXR35KfU3jVcZW-lfiWfNjp2VNZp5noGwWbmluqnKpdEF35XgNerh82YM4g9uE2Yd2iPGLjI9GkFWdqp_fogCkGaZXpwinhKlurFmsqq6TtfK3PriTuc2-ir6nwA_AGsT2xp7Grs5xz2XQ0NJN3Q3dRuFz42rnY-w47SDvfPAf8kXz3frS_Ev8TvzF_gr-jw==

I lose 4% maximum HP, -15 all res(I don't need res), 1.5% health regen, and unwavering stance
I gain 3% attack speed, 80% increased armor with 1 extra point to spare that I can put to celerity or ambidextary(4% attack speed and 18% physical dmg)
Edit, just looked it over, it makes more sense to do this I think...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWwx9Dq0QfxHVFE0UdRUgFm8ZhRm0Gjgb-h0UI_YkqiXfJ-0ppSpNLOkyiTWGNZI26TqzOuE8BTwtPydG10d-Sn1OyFXGVvpX4lnzWkhjp2VNZp5noGqTbBZuaW6qcql0QXflerh82YM4g9uE2Yd2iPGLjI9GkFWdqp_fogCkGaZXpwinhKyqrpO3PriTuc2-p8APwBrE9saexq7K085xz2XQ0NJN1e3dDd1G4XPjaudj7DjtIO4O73zv8PAf8kXz3frS_Ev8TvzF_go=
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsI9Ax9EH8UTRa_GYUZ1xo4Gmwc3B8CJDwkqiaVJ6kn7SlPLR8tRy3SMYgyiTY9NsU26TrYO-E8BT1fRtdJUUyzTdhQQlJTVUtX4lnzWm1h4m0ZbXtyqXfleQN82X5Zf8aCHoKbgziH24hri3qLjIw2jHaQVZP8l5WX9J2un9-iAKKjpwinK6dcp4Ssqq7PtUi4k7yfwBrAVMHzxp7UGdgk2wvhc-L342rjn-Qi5oHndOuO7DjtIO988B_z3Q==
thx lemmi
Welcome to the magic of EB, it is like getting an extra link in your chest for free. That must have cost a lot of regrets, though.

I highly recommend finding a slot for arctic armor (quality bonus is run speed!) somewhere on your gear, and leveling it to whatever level you can afford the movement mana drain on. If you're cleaving you're not moving, so you can level it almost to your mana regen and be fine. Inner force increases the standing still mana drain by 30% but does not change the movement mana regen.

I'm able to run level 15 arctic armor all the time (except on mana maps) and it is very nice.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 20, 2013, 8:56:48 AM
Ended up respeccing.. This build is a little bit safer with 31% dual wield block chance...still maintaing 5.1k HP and 32k dps

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA9sEswVbDH0QfxHVFE0VIBZvGYUZtBo4HRQkqiaVJ-0qTSzpLdIyiTSTNns26TrYOuE8BTwtPydD0kbXSn1TNVVLVcZW-lfiWfNh4mNwY6dmnmegapNtbG17bqpyqXK7d-V6uHzZgziD24d2h9uI8YuMj0aQVZP8m7Wf36IAplenCKeErKquk67PtUi2Qbc-uJO-p8AawzrE9saexq7KSsrTy0HPZdDQ3Q3dRuFz42rnY-uO7DjtIO987-PyRfPd-tL8S_xO_MX-Cg==
I call this build bullshit on the basis of the mana economy.

The mana regen of the build: 67.92 mana per second.

The mana cost of the build assuming at least 4 attacks per second:
4*7*1.7*1.15*1.4*1.3*1.6*0.85 = 135.49 mana per second.

As you can see, the mana comsumption is far higher than the mana regen. If he is able to maintain it, it means that he is not running fast enough between mobs (thus giving him time to recover between mobs).

Edit: Given that his "free mana" is 319, it means that he will only be able to spam cleave for 4.72 s before he goes out of mana. After that he has to do no skills for 4.70 seconds to regain all his mana.

This means that he can forget about doing bosses in high level maps in groups. He is running out of mana before the boss is dead. He can also not do a Coward's Trial.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on May 28, 2013, 7:52:46 PM
The OP has been edited a few times, and I'm not 100% sure it is all consistent information, so assuming "bullshit" maybe is a little harsh, maybe just out of sync information. But anyway I'll go ahead and relate my experience:

I'm doing an eldritch battery elemental cleave build, as I mentioned earlier. I started as a witch. The builds are very similar, but I do have more mana regen passsives: BUILD

With all auras active, I have 2610 max mana, with 253 available pool, and 178.6 mana regen per second.

With a 5 link I can do 50% regen maps (89.3 mana/sec) no problem, all I have to do is turn off arctic armor. Technically cleave consumes more mana (113 mana/sec) than I regenerate, but practically speaking I never notice myself stopping attacking due to mana problems, and that includes bosses. Obviously on no regen maps I swap in mana leech (only green socket is faster attacks so that hurts a bit, but I still kill fast enough).

If I went up to 6 link I'd be absolutely fine in normal maps, but I might need a mana leech gem on 50% regen maps, or maybe just turn off haste to drop my mana consumption a little, and give me a 984 pool to work from.
"
The OP has been edited a few times, and I'm not 100% sure it is all consistent information, so assuming "bullshit" maybe is a little harsh, maybe just out of sync information. But anyway I'll go ahead and relate my experience:

I'm doing an eldritch battery elemental cleave build, as I mentioned earlier. I started as a witch. The builds are very similar, but I do have more mana regen passsives: BUILD

With all auras active, I have 2610 max mana, with 253 available pool, and 178.6 mana regen per second.

With a 5 link I can do 50% regen maps (89.3 mana/sec) no problem, all I have to do is turn off arctic armor. Technically cleave consumes more mana (113 mana/sec) than I regenerate, but practically speaking I never notice myself stopping attacking due to mana problems, and that includes bosses. Obviously on no regen maps I swap in mana leech (only green socket is faster attacks so that hurts a bit, but I still kill fast enough).

If I went up to 6 link I'd be absolutely fine in normal maps, but I might need a mana leech gem on 50% regen maps, or maybe just turn off haste to drop my mana consumption a little, and give me a 984 pool to work from.

Your build seems more thought-out, do you have a thread were you post the details :)?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info