7 aura EB Ele Cleave build, 30k dps easy, 40k+ possible!

I ended up respecing my build using EB, running 6 auras. This build heavily relies on granite flask and endurance charges at all times. The main reason for going towards EB is to get the area of effect auras. After going the armor route like ReverandBizzarre, I found that getting all those armor nodes only brought me to 35% damage reduction, and that charge rhoas on high level maps 2-3 hitted me. In short, all you really need is granite flasks and endurance charges up.

Using the same gear, here are my stats.
Stats: HP - 4100
DPS - 36.5k (If I can get 4 red on my armor, I will remove added cold and add multistrike. This brings dps up to 41k)
dual wield block chance - 19%
Armor with 4 charges and granite flask - 60%
Evade - 11%
Auras - Grace, Purity, Wrath, Anger, Haste, Clarity, Determination
Resis - 83% all. (will be 85% with level 20 purity)
Mana - 1450

I have a mana leech gem for 50% regen or no regen maps, otherwise I have enough mana regen to sustain cleave on 6 Link.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQMfRB_FE0Wbxa_GYUZ1xo4Gmwc3B8CJDwkqiaVJ6kn7SlPLR8tRy3SMYgyiTY9NsU26TrYO-E8BT1fRtdJUUyzTdhQQlJTVUtVxlfiWfNabWHibRlte3Kpd-V5A3zZfll_xoIegpuDOIfbiGuLeouMjDaMdo9GkFWT_JeVl_Sdrp_fogCio6cIpyunXKeErKquz7Q4tUi4k7yfwBrB88aez2XQ0NQZ2CTbC-Fz4vfjauOf5CLlGed0647sOO0g73zwH_Pd

-------------------Original post below with old build..
I'm looking for pointers on where I could respec and get better outcomes. This is my first ele cleave build..

The problems I have are the following:
-50% regen maps, I am unable to maintain enough mana for cleave even with mana leech.
-High physical damage monsters (huge mobs of rhoas, golems with physical damage mod) It is hard to maintain 3 endurance charges and granite flask on at all times while fighting)
How can I fix this?

updated tree -
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFLQVbDH0OrRB_FE0VIBZvGNsZhRo4HRQhYCP2JKon7Si1KaUqTSzpMgkyiTWGNZI26TqzOuE8BTwtPydAoEOcRtdKfU7IVcZW-lfiWfNbr2BLYIhhUmOnZp5noGwWbqpyqXTtdPF35Xq4eu982YM4g9uHdojxi4yPRpBVnaqeuZ_Ln9-iAKZXpwinhKyqrpO3PriTuc3AGsT2xp7Grs5xz2XQ0N0N3Ubhc-Nq52PsOO0g7g7vTu988B_yRfPd-tL8S_xO_MX-Cg==

Here is my gear:

Level 85
Stats: DPS - 30k with cleave
HP: 5300 (515 reserved for grace and wrath)

Resis: 83 all, -30 chaos res (will be 85 all when purity is level 20)
Life Regen - 112 life
Physical damage reduction - 27%, 71% with 3 endurance charge and granite flask

Auras running - Purity, Anger, Wrath, Haste, Grace.
Last edited by brandobot on May 20, 2013, 2:40:41 AM
With 20k dps and almost 5k life there isn't much to discuss.
Your build isn't the common (starting as a templar) but your stats
are great so who cares !
You could try and go to the center of the duelist tree where there
are a lot of great passives.Armor,Life,Attack Speed.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
With 20k dps and almost 5k life there isn't much to discuss.
Your build isn't the common (starting as a templar) but your stats
are great so who cares !
You could try and go to the center of the duelist tree where there
are a lot of great passives.Armor,Life,Attack Speed.

What do most ele cleave users start as? I read one article after searching on google and I had thought that Templars were mainly used as ele cleave. I'm trying to compare builds with other ele cleave users and can't seem to find much skill trees and stats of other users. I'd like to know what the average amount of HP, res, and damage ele cleave users should have.
The big weak points I see are:
1) No static blows
2) No life leech support

There's an enormous ele cleave thread with most of the information you need:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/92670

Your build is kind of wacky, mostly in the way you went up from the center to get inner force. You'd be better off working your way around the outside to static blows, and then coming in to inner force. A more typical build looks something like this.

Your gear is very good, maybe a little heavy on %WED as opposed to +x-y elemental, that isn't a big deal. Certainly your life total is well above average for default. You say it is your first ele cleave, but I guess you have at least one other good MF/map char for feeding your cleaver gear, then.

No life leech support is pretty serious for sustainability in maps. You've got enough HP not to get one-shot by stuff, which is good, but you really don't want to be reliant on spamming flasks to keep your health up. Lack of life leech will be particularly problematic for you on reflect maps (as in, you simply won't be able to do them).

I understand why you don't have it - it takes an absurd amount of chroms to get 3 red sockets on carcass jack - but life leech really is pretty huge.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 8, 2013, 11:36:50 PM
"
The big weak points I see are:
1) No static blows
2) No life leech support

There's an enormous ele cleave thread with most of the information you need:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/92670

Your build is kind of wacky, mostly in the way you went up from the center to get inner force. You'd be better off working your way around the outside to static blows, and then coming in to inner force. A more typical build looks something like this.

Your gear is pretty good, maybe a little heavy on %WED as opposed to +x-y elemental, but it is fine. Certainly your life total is well above average for default.

No life leech support is pretty serious for sustainability in maps. You've got enough HP not to get one-shot by stuff, which is good, but you really don't want to be reliant on spamming flasks to keep your health up. Lack of life leech will be particularly problematic for you on reflect maps (as in, you simply won't be able to do them).

I understand why you don't have it - it takes an absurd amount of chroms to get 3 red sockets on carcass jack - but life leech really is pretty huge.

You're right about life leech, i'm spamming my instant pot recovery constantly. Reflect maps are impossible, as well as no regen maps.

I don't think I agree with you on static blows. I tried it on my ranger and it seems like I only static shocked white and sometimes blue mobs. I really needed the shock stack on rares and uniques but i never did enough damage to do it. I figured since my ele cleave 1-2 hits white, and even sometimes blue mobs, shock stacking was useless. Thoughts?

on a side note, 3 red on a carcass jack is extremely hard, but the increased radius of area skills is so helpful!
Last edited by brandobot on May 8, 2013, 11:36:57 PM
"
brandobot wrote:
I don't think I agree with you on static blows. I tried it on my ranger and it seems like I only static shocked white and sometimes blue mobs. I really needed the shock stack on rares and uniques but i never did enough damage to do it. I figured since my ele cleave 1-2 hits white, and even sometimes blue mobs, shock stacking was useless. Thoughts?

You're right that yellow/orange enemies generally don't get shocked. But the amount of time you spend fighting those as opposed to clearing white/blue enemies isn't actually that large an amount of your map clear time, in my experience.

As a matter of fact, I care so little about my boss DPS that I actually run increased AoE instead of concentrated effect, so that I can murder entire packs at once. The trade off of course is that bosses take longer to kill, but I also can out-range the melee attacks of most bosses (I run a skelly totem to tank them like a caster, lol).

"
on a side note, 3 red on a carcass jack is extremely hard, but the increased radius of area skills is so helpful!

Yeah AoE is great, as I mentioned above. In my standard setup I have 72% increased AoE, and I cleave down basically the whole pack at once.

I do have a concentrated effect gem that I keep leveled on my switch. On maps with particularly troublesome bosses I swap it in to kill them faster (temple).

Returning to static blows, I'm not going to say that it is always wrong to skip it, but IMHO you need to be getting something pretty good to justify missing out on it - and if whatever you get instead isn't up top, you also need to work out a way to have enough int for wrath, something you don't need to worry about if you get static blows. If that int comes from gear, it limits your gear selection a bit.

So no, I don't think it is mandatory to get static blows, but 8 points to get inner force instead doesn't really seem like a worthwhile trade.

Granted inner force is better for you than it is for most people, since you've stacked %WED more heavily than +x-y elemental, thus you have a large multiplier on your wrath and anger damage.
I find that i clear out white and blue mobs fast, that it would be pointless to stack. (even with ones with elemental resists). To test, i used a 20% added lightning gem and a 20% conductivity, cursing and blowing through mobs. I kill just as fast without shocking with 22k dps.

However, it may make more sense in large parties of 6 since I've only tested in solo map environments.

ended up 6linking and getting the colors i needed :) no more life leech issue
Awesome. How many orbs?

And yeah, I mainly do maps in groups. Lower level maps I'll solo if I'm bored but 70+ maps I always save for when I have a party. It is really a waste of currency not to.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 9, 2013, 3:39:06 AM
spent 7 exalt worth of fusings, and 240 chromatics

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info